Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Best place to sell collectible Winchester 94 takedown

Reactions
I have a collectible Winchester rifle to sell. I feel like this forum is more for shooting and tactical stuff. Any suggestions on where to list an old Winchester 94 takedown?

There is no harm listing it here on the appropriate section. It is free and there is a large audience here. I know there are a lot of fans of classic rifles, Winchesters, and classic Winchester on board, myself included. Candidly, if I hadn't literally just bought a new lever-gun, I would be interested.

Beyond that, Gunbroker would be where I'd list one for sale. It isn't free, but it does work well enough.

Cheers.

OP
jerman1964
Reactions
Not that at all, just feels like the audience is more interested in using guns. I would be happy to sell or trade it here. Look at my feedback!! Just that this is a more Unique piece.

User 1234

Reactions
I always consider the C&R listings. What cartridge is it? Pre-1964 or after? (I believe all takedowns are pre 64 but others would know more). Also include evenly lit photos of the receiver, proof stamps, and any cracks in the wood.

OP
jerman1964
Reactions
Ok. I will post pictures here. Here is what I have been told. It's a 94 takedown, .25-35 short rifle. 20" barrel not 26". Has the original wood, steel butt plate, patina, original blue. I have only taken it down a couple times. I got a value of 1800 to 2500 plus 1000 for the barrel length.

20190104_180245.jpg
20190104_180335.jpg
20190104_180336.jpg
20190104_180313.jpg
20190104_180347.jpg
20190104_180356.jpg

User 1234

Reactions
I would search Gunbroker for completed item listings and Simpson Ltd for comparable sales. In your ad you should also mention that factory new ammo is still available for it. Ammoseek.com has price comparisons.

Reactions
Make sure you take into account the wood has been refinished? you can clearly see in the photos how the metal stands proud of the Wood. This will effect the value. You also need to have the Serial number run to see if it left the factory as a short Rifle. Just because it has a rifle Forestock and butt plate does not mean it left the factory as a Short Rifle.

The guys on the Winchester Collectors forum can help you more. They have helped me with a few of my old Winchesters as well as a couple very rare ones I had dealings with.

ForumWinchester Collector

LATEST REVIEWS

• Mary's Pistols
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic small business with equally excellent folks running the place. I was given fair value for a trade in and was able to order something I...
    • Red98422
  • Gooseneck Road
    4.00 star(s)
    Very popular service road with some unmarked logging roads that branch off of the main. Relatively cleaned up from what we saw. I just wish that...
    • Benzdriver81
  • Liberty Safes of Oregon
    5.00 star(s)
    I have now purchased 2 Safe’s and constantly recommend people go here. You get better quality than the other liberty safes made for places like...
    • Motojohonda
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just dropped by today to pick up a rifle … this is what a gun store should be! None of the crotchety bluster and BS that so many other gun stores...
    • DLS
  • Supporting Vendor J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    I'll put in a good word for J&B Firearms Sales in Beaverton, on Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy (across the street from KFC and BiMart). I've always had...
    • RVNvet

Staff online