JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Asking for experience here from my fellow builders.

Where is best place to buy?

What brand of inexpensive to stay away from? what brand do you recommend and why?

this would be most likely range guns and of course self defense. but being disabled bound to my wheelchair it wont be abused/worked very hard in the mud, rocks etc.. Worst case i drop it but thats it!!

I am buying for possible future builds, with measure 114 in Nov. i figure getting a couple lowers now would be wise?

thanks my friends!!

Any you buy online will require shipping to and thru a local FFL, so considering higher transfer fees, modestly higher local prices are not such a bad deal. I like MK Tactical in Hillsboro. They handle several makes.

What brand of inexpensive to stay away from? what brand do you recommend and why?
The cheaper you go, the higher the likelihood of running into an out of spec lower.

I wouldn't go any cheaper than Aero Precision. They certainly have had issues, but its pretty rare.

For a few bucks more, you'll get into the SOLGWs and the BCMs which have pretty good QC.

The cheapest mil-spec AR-15 stripped lowers that I know of at this time are under $50 at Primary Arms. They're branded "Rifle Supply" but I have not used one.
As for as large frames. the first rule for a successful build is to buy the upper and the lower from the same manufacturer There is no "mil-spec", even within the "DPMS" pattern, and it's best not to cheap-out.

Primary Arms has a sale going on Aero Precision. You have to add the items to your cart to see the actual price like below:
1659731822737.png
I've done several AP builds with them and the fir to their uppers is perfect.

1659731720239.png

I have used a good many Anderson stripped lowers and uppers and to date I have had no problems or issues with any of them, but for some its a love hate relation with the brand.

I have even had complete Anderson guns and yes they work but I have only used them for range toys but still no problems.

I will agree that Areo seems to have a more refined finish and some of them have set screws instead of roll pins that make it easier but they are 50 to 75 more than Anderson.

If you just want a project both will work for you just fine.

As far as where to get them I can not help I live in Idaho so sorry about that.

Edit: added last line

Last Edited:
Sportsmans outdoors..... I just bought anderson lowers for 39.99. Have to buy 3 or more. I bought 10 ha. Now I need to find a source for 10 or so uppers at that kinda price point

Anderson lowers are not bad for the price and I built a few. I paid like $29.99 for each lower. My ARs function fine but I used a quality lower parts kit by BCM and included a pistol grip. I bought a BCM PNT trigger and also used a BCM BCG. Some lower parts kit did not include a pistol grip so I used a Magpul pistol grip instead, I also used a Magpul buttstock.

Later on I bought some Aero Lower and Aero uppers and built everything myself from parts I ordered online. I like the Aero receivers.

I've always used and been very happy with Aero Precision. Seems like the right balance of price and quality to me. A blem from AP would be an attractive deal, to be sure.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top