Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

best place to do a transfer along I205

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by odiesplace97301, Jun 7, 2009.

1. odiesplace97301

odiesplace97301 silverton area Member

Where is the best/ most reasonably priced shop to do a transfer along I 205, is an appointment needed, how much does it cost,ect. I'm a hick from Silverton so I dont know that area at all. Help please

2. treemanx

treemanx Spray, Or. Active Member

Not sure what strectch of I205 your wanting, but The Gun Broker is a pretty good place for transfers. They are a little more expensive than if you have a buddy with an FFL, but are reasonable as far as gun shops go for transfers. Here is a link to a thread I started about this:

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7882&highlight=transfer+fees

The Gun Broker is on 82nd ave, in Clackamas and they are right off I205 at the Clackamas/ Estacada exit.

3. odiesplace97301

odiesplace97301 silverton area Member

is 99 pawn and gun the same as 99 guns and loan in the review section. Thanks for the info

4. treemanx

treemanx Spray, Or. Active Member

Dont know, Ive never been to either one! I got that one on the list from another member.

5. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

99 pawn is on McLoughlin blvd. between Gladstone and Milwaukie..maybe 10 min. from I-205 cheap transfers.

6. kenr74

kenr74 Oregon Active Member

They are cheap and fast. $20.

7. fromotoc

fromotoc Downtown Portland, OR Member

Why not just do a private transaction and not let the government know what gun you have?

8. twolabs

twolabs Tacoma New Member

Good for the buyer But the seller has to cover his behind!

9. tionico

tionico Thurston County Well-Known Member

Good for the buyer But the seller has to cover his behind!

all the seller needs to do is record your ID information, perhaps also haev you sign the chit with that info, and a statement that you did indeed BUY the piece from him. That way, should YOU go do something crazy and the gun is traced back to him first, he's got proof he sold it, to whom, and on what date. Keep it on file for several years (FFL Dealers have to keep their paperwork 20 years) and if an issue ever arises, seller now has proof of the sale. Big Bumbler need know nothing until he comes round to solve a problem.

10. Rugerbub

Rugerbub OREGON Member

private sales or trades are always best. i just did one today and It was fast and easy. He looked, he like, he like, he bought. We signed a little bill of sell and went our seperate ways. It was great.