Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Best place to buy rifle cases?

Joe Link

Reactions
I'd like to invest in a decent case for each of my rifles, but don't have a ton of money. Which cases are the best value on the market right now and where can I pick up a few?

OP
Joe Link

Joe Link

Reactions
Once I get a nice AR or something I'll probably buy a Pelican for it, but I'm thinking along the lines of $10-$20 each right now. My Mosin's don't need a Pelican :D

Reactions
Once I get a nice AR or something I'll probably buy a Pelican for it, but I'm thinking along the lines of $10-$20 each right now. My Mosin's don't need a Pelican :D
AAAAA OK ;)

I have a $30 DoskoSport I bought at Joe's that leaves something to be desired.. but It does hold my .22 pretty secure. And I did give it a somewhat cool paintjob!

Reactions
Cabelas has a steller deal on their soft cases. They run 15-20 bucks.. Online order.. or send me $1,000,000.00 and I will pick you up a couple at the Cabelas up the street from me and drive them to you!:D

Reactions
wally world has a good hard sided case in that price range and they work i bought a bunch when i moved and everything made it o.k. and i have shipped suns by ups that i sold in them and they all made the trip o.k.

I'm not familiar with the ones at Mall-Wart, but the Doskocil long gun case that Joe's sells isn't expensive and does the job, as long as it isn't one of the old-style Mausers with 30 inch barrels..I've got the Garand in an old-style Boyt canvas and leather soft case that I got at Maury's years ago (OOB now), but they're more money, as are the Assault Systems cases.

Reactions
I am not a fan of the dosko hard cases because of the foam in them tends to not dry out well. Just a preference. i do have 2 of them.

I get most of my soft cases at Bi-mart. They are almost always on sale and they have a great selection. FOr the Mosin 91/30 the shotgun case fits nicely.

BIGFOOT

LATEST REVIEWS

• Klickitat County Firearms Training Facility
    4.00 star(s)
    Not really a range guy, as in I am 53 years old and today is the very first time I have been to an actual managed shooting range. Also, not a WA...
    • CRBMoA
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    I've made several purchases here over the past few years and I've had a great experience every time. Prices are good, their staff is helpful, and...
    • Joe Link
  • Big Iron Armory
    5.00 star(s)
    It's great to have an LGS inside Portland Metro. Walt and Noah have put care into setting good prices and acquiring quality firearms and...
    • kr0ptkin
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Well I finally got around to taking pics of the Cerakoting work that Jeremy of Lucky Sports did for my wife and me about 3 weeks ago. We couldn't...
    • jg rider
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Here's more work that Jeremy did for me The first 3 pics are of an RIA frame that I had Cerakoted years back by an outfit in Molino. I had Jeremy...
    • jg rider

Staff online