Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Best place to buy rifle cases?

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Joe Link, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I'd like to invest in a decent case for each of my rifles, but don't have a ton of money. Which cases are the best value on the market right now and where can I pick up a few?

2. sweetbeard

sweetbeard Beavertown OreGUN! New Member

3. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Once I get a nice AR or something I'll probably buy a Pelican for it, but I'm thinking along the lines of $10-$20 each right now. My Mosin's don't need a Pelican :D

4. sweetbeard

sweetbeard Beavertown OreGUN! New Member

AAAAA OK ;)

I have a $30 DoskoSport I bought at Joe's that leaves something to be desired.. but It does hold my .22 pretty secure. And I did give it a somewhat cool paintjob!

5. Jaybo

Jaybo Olympia Washington Member

Cabelas has a steller deal on their soft cases. They run 15-20 bucks.. Online order.. or send me $1,000,000.00 and I will pick you up a couple at the Cabelas up the street from me and drive them to you!:D

6. torpedoman

torpedoman land of corrupt politicians Member

wally world has a good hard sided case in that price range and they work i bought a bunch when i moved and everything made it o.k. and i have shipped suns by ups that i sold in them and they all made the trip o.k.

7. markw76

markw76 Portland/Moscow on the Willamette Member

I'm not familiar with the ones at Mall-Wart, but the Doskocil long gun case that Joe's sells isn't expensive and does the job, as long as it isn't one of the old-style Mausers with 30 inch barrels..I've got the Garand in an old-style Boyt canvas and leather soft case that I got at Maury's years ago (OOB now), but they're more money, as are the Assault Systems cases.

8. snkkpr01

snkkpr01 Eugene Member

I am not a fan of the dosko hard cases because of the foam in them tends to not dry out well. Just a preference. i do have 2 of them.

I get most of my soft cases at Bi-mart. They are almost always on sale and they have a great selection. FOr the Mosin 91/30 the shotgun case fits nicely.

BIGFOOT

9. skud_dusty

skud_dusty Salem, OR Active Member

Sportsmans sometimes has decent deals as well.

10. smonkbmw

smonkbmw Vancouver WA Member

i got the soft case for my AR at sportsmans for $25.