Joe Link

Reactions
  • Fight For Your Right
  • Entomologist
  • Three Bags of Trash
  • Meet & Greet
  • National Rifle Association
  • Second Amendment Foundation
I'd like to invest in a decent case for each of my rifles, but don't have a ton of money. Which cases are the best value on the market right now and where can I pick up a few?

OP
Joe Link

Joe Link

Reactions
  • Fight For Your Right
  • Entomologist
  • Three Bags of Trash
  • Meet & Greet
  • National Rifle Association
  • Second Amendment Foundation
Once I get a nice AR or something I'll probably buy a Pelican for it, but I'm thinking along the lines of $10-$20 each right now. My Mosin's don't need a Pelican :D

Reactions
Once I get a nice AR or something I'll probably buy a Pelican for it, but I'm thinking along the lines of $10-$20 each right now. My Mosin's don't need a Pelican :D
AAAAA OK ;)

I have a $30 DoskoSport I bought at Joe's that leaves something to be desired.. but It does hold my .22 pretty secure. And I did give it a somewhat cool paintjob!

Reactions
Cabelas has a steller deal on their soft cases. They run 15-20 bucks.. Online order.. or send me $1,000,000.00 and I will pick you up a couple at the Cabelas up the street from me and drive them to you!:D

Reactions
wally world has a good hard sided case in that price range and they work i bought a bunch when i moved and everything made it o.k. and i have shipped suns by ups that i sold in them and they all made the trip o.k.

I'm not familiar with the ones at Mall-Wart, but the Doskocil long gun case that Joe's sells isn't expensive and does the job, as long as it isn't one of the old-style Mausers with 30 inch barrels..I've got the Garand in an old-style Boyt canvas and leather soft case that I got at Maury's years ago (OOB now), but they're more money, as are the Assault Systems cases.

Reactions
I am not a fan of the dosko hard cases because of the foam in them tends to not dry out well. Just a preference. i do have 2 of them.

I get most of my soft cases at Bi-mart. They are almost always on sale and they have a great selection. FOr the Mosin 91/30 the shotgun case fits nicely.

BIGFOOT

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - April 25-26th
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Steve is a great guy to work with! I have had several transactions with him and will continue to do business with him. He is my go to dealer!
    • hker71
  • Straight Shooter Supply
    1.00 star(s)
    A relative of mine recently went through this place to purchase a handgun. They were rude to her, lied to her, and must be new to this FFL stuff...
    • FullMetalJerk
    5.00 star(s)
    Steve is great. Easy to deal with, super low prices on his transfers.
    • DizzyJ
    5.00 star(s)
    Had my first transaction with Steve and will be recommending him to anyone in my circle. Good guy with a really helpful attitude and goes the...
    • SonnyJim
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    This is the closest gun close to my house and they have always been super nice. I have bought two guns off them and sold one of mine to them.
    • storminnorm44

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS

Staff online