JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think it's generally accepted heat and humidity are enemies of primers and powder. That said, they're still pretty resilient!

Hmm I've generally not been concerned as the temps in Western WA are usually pretty mild. What are you thoughts of buying an old mini-fridge or something and just putting it in there (with it unplugged obviously)? I feel like the insulation should help any extreme fluctuations and I don't have to explain to my wife why there's 40lbs of powder in the coat closet..

Hmm I've generally not been concerned as the temps in Western WA are usually pretty mild. What are you thoughts of buying an old mini-fridge or something and just putting it in there (with it unplugged obviously)? I feel like the insulation should help any extreme fluctuations and I don't have to explain to my wife why there's 40lbs of powder in the coat closet..
Haven't researched that, but it sounds like a pretty controlled environment.

As long as it doesn't ignite. Lol.

Not to be overly facetious, but the decade of the 70s was best. H-110 $3/lb, H-335 $3/lb, MilSurp IMR8208 (.223 powder) $150/50lbs, AL-7 was pricey at something like $15/3lbs, as was W-W 296, Hercules Unique, Blue Dot etc. 5lb keg for about $30. This was back when Kesselring's in Sedro Wooley was operating and had a good-sized powder magazine. A few things have (Ahem!) happened since then...

Not to be overly facetious, but the decade of the 70s was best. H-110 $3/lb, H-335 $3/lb, MilSurp IMR8208 (.223 powder) $150/50lbs, AL-7 was pricey at something like $15/3lbs, as was W-W 296, Hercules Unique, Blue Dot etc. 5lb keg for about $30. This was back when Kesselring's in Sedro Wooley was operating and had a good-sized powder magazine. A few things have (Ahem!) happened since then...
In 1970 the average wage was $9400, cost of a new car was $3400 and a house was $20k.

$3 in 1970 is about $20 today. If you buy by the 8lb keg prices are still in line with inflation. In fact many things are cheaper today when you discount the rate

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top