JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Where do you guys get your ammunition in the PDX area?
My buddy is thinking about making his own but i was trying to tell him that its more expensive to buy the equipment and supplies as opposed to just getting cheap target ammo..

Last Edited:
I generally order online, but when I buy local I usually go to WalMart. Next would be BiMart.
Occasionally Fishermans or NWA will have a good sale and I'll buy from them too.

I live close to a Fishermans, so that is my weekly stop. I will buy whatever is on sale or a box of SD ammo. Walmart is always out of stock and the store is a zoo anyway. I bought ammo from Dick's a year or two ago and they made me sign an electronic wavier or something (cant remember) so I haven't been back.

I drive by NWA on a regular basis and they seem to have the best deal on .40S&W FMJ. $14 for box of 50, which rivals internet pricing & shipping.

Bimart and NW Armory locally, Freedom Munitions for online.

I've also had success watching Cabelas for sales and having them ship free to their local store. Set up an alert on wikiarms for whatever you are looking for and have it sent via text to make sure you can take advantage of a killer deal when it comes up.

I am not in need of ammo at the moment. That is because whenever BiMart has a good sale I pick up a few boxes. The sale price is hard to beat even when buying in bulk. Shoot one box, buy two to replace it. It adds up over time. That said, the NW Armory sale at $10 for the 9mm is a good price locally without shipping. The wife does not question small charges on the debit card, but she does look at larger charges. So a few boxes here and there add up over time to build up the stash and keeps me out of trouble. :cool:

I am not in need of ammo at the moment. That is because whenever BiMart has a good sale I pick up a few boxes. The sale price is hard to beat even when buying in bulk. Shoot one box, buy two to replace it. It adds up over time. That said, the NW Armory sale at $10 for the 9mm is a good price locally without shipping. The wife does not question small charges on the debit card, but she does look at larger charges. So a few boxes here and there add up over time to build up the stash and keeps me out of trouble. :cool:

Also my usual MO but blazer brass is my fav and at that price, I stocked up for the summer. Bimart hasn't had that price since the Sportsman's show.

I usually go with Bi-Mart locally and Sportsman's Guide online. They have pretty good prices on ammo and a lot of times free shipping on orders $49 or more. Pretty easy to do.

I have been buying ammunition Oregon Rifle Works in Tigard at 12260 SW Main Street. They have been open just over a month now. Their prices for ammunition are very attractive. Their selection is wide and they stock a wide variety of loadings. I counted at least six flavors of 10MM there last week.

They had 500 round boxes of Winchester .22 which was nice to see on a shelf again.

Sportsman's on NW 185 off of hwy 26 has pretty much everything available, including .22lr.

I was in there yesterday, and they had lots of .22lr including: Federal 325 ct, Remington 500 ct, American Eagle 400 ct, Remington Bucket O' Bullets 1400 ct, CCI 300 ct, CCI round nose and HP 100 ct, as well as several brands in 50ct boxes-CCI, Aguila, Federal, etc . NOTE: they limit .22lr to 1-300 ct or larger , OR 3-100 ct or less boxes per person.

I stopped at 2 different Fisherman's, Bi Mart in Hillsboro and Forest Grove this past week, and they had everything EXCEPT .22lr.

That is my recent experience.

I did get some .22lr at Sportsman's yesterday--WOOT!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The world is full of Kings and Queens, who blind your eyes, and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell......

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top