JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey everyone!

I recently got turned onto the 1911 platform by a friend... thus far, all I have owned is a Makarov and a Glock.

It is starting to look like I may be in the market for a Colt Commander. I was looking at the new 1991 series commanders...

Anyone have any idea of where the best place to buy one of those new would be within the Willamette valley area? (preferably Eugene area)

thanks in advance!

Can't say for your area, but Keith's in Gresham has the best selection of just about any store in the state on just about any brand of firearm you can name. Some have problems with their attitude depending on what salesperson you get or how busy they are at the time, but they also are hard to beat on price. If you know what you want and aren't looking for a hug, you might try them.

I'm gonna get flack for this one but Guncrafter's usually has a pretty nice selection on colt 1911's in Salem. Another place I would check since you are in Eugene would be the Baron's den. They had ALOT of colt 1911's a couple weeks ago.

I have not seen any store or dealer beat Keiths I would try there first. That is the only place I buy from. You just have to know what you want and not ask to see every gun in the store. I would love to find a place closer that is cheaper though.

Was at the ARPC gunshow in Albany last Saturday. I could not find a single vendor that had a new Colt 1911 for sale on the table. Hopefully some of the local shops will have a few in inventory.

Any savings that you would experience by driving all over the state would be more than exceeded by the 3.50 + gal gas that it would take to get there. I too live in Eugene area , and I've yet to find a better place than the Barons Den . You can shoot several different models before you buy , they are always friendly and patient when I am trying to make a decision , and if you have any problems after the purchase , they have always been very quick to help and take care of me .

Baron's Den, eh? well thanks then, I'll give that a shot first. was going to go shooting over there next week anyway... I just always felt they were a bit overpriced, but maybe thats just me. Thank you all for the very helpful responses!

yeah... I wont buy from S-M. went in there with a buddy, a fellow behind the counter was completely rude to me. Ive never seen such impoliteness from anyone looking to seel something. I won't even buy ammo from them, let alone a gun. Id rather drive to Portland and buy a gun there from someone Ive never met.

If I was down your way, I would check out Barons Den. Up here, I go to Keiths. Some complain about the sales staff attitude, but I have never had a problem. If I did, I would walk away and deal with Keith himself.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top