JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Check the classifieds. User df662 in Hillsboro has 420ct cans at $175, and bulk 500ct at $200 of Federal XM855 5.56 62gr.

Great guy, and it's a really good price.

-Careful though if you are going to a range. Likely those rounds are not allowed-

If you end up in a real bind & can't find any at a decent price...

I can let go of a case of PMC 5.56 55gr FMJ XM193 at cost $355. Cased-50 boxes of 20.

I'll be in Clackamas picking up some steel targets Friday 9-930ish am.

The Wife has instructions to check the Local ammo outlets and pick up any 5.56 she finds under .50cents a round. We got two cases of xm193 and m855a1 so I think we will stop now! Check Sportsmans and Bi-mart locally, usually they have a pretty good sale now and then!

I just ordered 2 cases from Cabelas. They might have a case worth in store, dunno. Mines shipped to store & it says 5-7 days.

Checked the safe: I have 1 case of PMC .223 55gr FMJBT. 1 could sell that to the OP for $303. I calculated in the $100 rebate across the 2 I just bought & this case. I didn't include anything I paid for shipping.

There's no sense you should get hosed on price.

Wow, alright, that's not bad, just pulled the trigger on 500.

Works out at 35c a round before the rebate and including the shipping with the code, which still works, giving $5 shipping.
If i get the rebate, 25c/round.

I have had Remington rebates before, it's a bit of a pain, but they did come through.

Well this sucks, just got an email from Cabela's this morning that the stuff i ordered (whilst in stock) is on back order until late September.....

Guess that means no rebate on that!

Well this sucks, just got an email from Cabela's this morning that the stuff i ordered (whilst in stock) is on back order until late September.....

Guess that means no rebate on that!
Read your post, and just checked my e-mail. They cancelled that portion of my order...

I'll have to keep a closer eye on Joes good deals thread!

Weird, they must have had a problem with their online stock info, mine still says backordered, but i don't think i want it without the rebate, i replied asking to halve the order amount.

Yeah, weird. When I ordered yesterday the sight said in stock & afterwords emailed the ship to store would be ready in 5 - ?7 days.

The email today titled "your order is ready for pickup"...after I read your post. Then I see they just canceled that portion...it's not really worth it without the rebate to me.

SG ammo has 5.56 PMC at or less than Cabelas .223 price. It's the shipping that's the hassle (someone has to be home etc)-SG's shipping price is extremely reasonable though.

So I ended up at Walmart and got 10 boxes of Federal 223 55 Gr FMJ, the 100 round value packs, at $37.44. Did I way overpay?

Doesn't matter, you needed it for the weekend.

Edit, adding: to expand on my abrupt thought above. I have often suffered buyers remorse in the past (cars, hobby stuff, silk items in foreign countries etc etc). I don't do that anymore.

Could you have saved some money? Yeah. Could you have saved some money AND had it for this weekend to use at your outing? Extremely unlikely. What's your time worth? You would have had to reschedule a weekend outing etc etc to have some shipped to you. So in the bigger picture you still saved money...

Last Edited:
Places like Walmart are able to get 'exclusive' packaging options, in this case an 'odd' numbered 'value pack' - 100 rounds is not a regular number for to be packaged as in the gun world, however in the regular joe world, 100 is a nice round number.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top