JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My kid's bday is this weekend, and I'd like to get him a cake he'll enjoy. Probably "Cars" themed. Where have you guys with kids had the best luck with custom bday cakes? Hell, if you own a bakery and make good custom kid's cakes shoot me a PM. I'm in the East Tacoma area.

The way kids tear into cake, what it looks like won't matter much. Get plenty of ice cream, and a drop cloth. Try Costco for a huge sheet cake. Their baked goods are pretty darn good.

I always told my kids (all SIX of them) "you'll get nothing a like it!" o_O

Just kidding.... mostly. ;)

I realize this doesn't answer your question directly, but over the years my talented wife made some pretty awesome theme B-day cakes over the years when the kids were growing up.

Barbie (Cinderella, Snow White, etc)
Hanna Montana
Sponge Bob
Thomas the Tank Engine
Power Rangers
Star Wars
Cookie Monster & Elmo (Sesame Street)
Transformers
Bionicles
LEGO's
Etc, etc, etc....

Safeway bakery can also make a theme cake to order.

My kid's bday is this weekend, and I'd like to get him a cake he'll enjoy. Probably "Cars" themed. Where have you guys with kids had the best luck with custom bday cakes? Hell, if you own a bakery and make good custom kid's cakes shoot me a PM. I'm in the East Tacoma area.

If you have Albertson's/Safeway in your area I know they really work with the customer when they design cakes for all occasions. PLUS, you'd be helping to support our household! :D

My first answer to reading the thread title, and I even said it out loud was....

"Their face!"

:D

Hhhhmmm, is the cake for the kid or the adults...?

Make sure it tastes good, etc. recommendations, makes me doubt the kid is foremost, but hey, the kid ain't paying for it is he/she...so yeah, make darn sure it tastes good...belch!

Happy B-day kiddo. We're out of candles, the struggle is real.

B day cake.jpg

Costco it is!

Your damn right it's gotta taste good for us adults too if I'm forking out the money for it haha

He'll like it. Hell he's getting a power wheel for his birthday, he better like it!:D

I don't know if they have them up in Washington, but the Mrs usually has me pick up a customized cake from Ray's Food Place for the Potato-head's birfday.

And @Stomper, six kids, eh? I grew up in a family of six. Crazy childhood. :s0112:

How old is the kid? In the 5-10 range, make a cake with them.

Buy box mix - take them with to pick flavor.

The time doing something together is priceless.

Even a 4 yr old can help decorate cookies or cupcakes.

Two doors over to my left is a bakery. Well she operates a bakery out of her home. I'm kind of spoiled. She makes yummy cakes and cupcakes.

Self owned shops like these make the best stuff in my opinion.

Not that I haven't eaten my fair share or Costco cake.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top