JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Paddington's here in Salem. If you liked Pietroe's back in the day.. ie 70's, then you will like paddington's. its run by the same people after Piertoe's was sold to Campbells.

+1

Anothony Bordaine went to this place when he came to Portland. Best one is mushroom and onion.

He needs to come back here.. it is my understanding that this was just a brief (partial day?) stopover on his way to Seattle.

My favorite episode of his is in an ice fishing shack up in Canada. epic

He needs to come back here.. it is my understanding that this was just a brief (partial day?) stopover on his way to Seattle.

My favorite episode of his is in an ice fishing shack up in Canada. epic

He did an episode on the Pacific NW, so it's spilt between Oregon (Portland) and Washington (Seattle). It is kinda funny as a couple of Portland chefs take him camping up on Mt. Hood for one of the nights he spends in Portland.

As far as the Pizza goes, I would vote for Flying Pie, I haven't had any in a long time, but remember it to be pretty amazing. Recently if we are going out for pizza, it's to BJ Willy's in West Linn. Back in my younger day a buddy and I took a 4 day weekend and drove to Bozeman MT to eat a Mckenzie River Pizza Company.

Man, I'm taking notes here.
As has been said, there is a Pietro's in the NW, at least there's one off of 99E in Milwaukie. It was first a Shakey's decades ago (it was also an ice cream parlor but I forget the name).. connected to the bowling alley.
Anyone remember The Organ Grinder Pizza?
My wife worked at Organ Grinder for years. She still makes good pizza at home. Complete nut about fresh ingredients and the right cheeses.

I dimly remember Pietro's and Shakey's up here... the Pietro's in Lakewood was a dive and more than once had moldy food problems to the point that ISTR it finally being shut down by the Health Dept., but Shakey's is much missed.

Anybody remember Pizza Haven? They were okay, kinda middle of the road, bearing in mind that this is fuzzy childhood memories around three decades ago... then again, I haven't had much that I'd really call "Bad Pizza". (Bear in mind, my benchmark for "Bad Food" is "Would I REFUSE to come here again even if someone else is picking up the check?"... and I'm generally not one to turn down a meal on a companion's dime. LOL)

I remember all of those. Shakeys was good pietro's was good but went down hill. Pizza haven in Puyallup downtown made a killer pepperoni when you double the cheese Spud's on PAC Ave down about 70th or so was good. The original Rock Pasta and Pizza on 19th was really good in the 1990s.

Brutus out

I used to go to a Shakeys down in Placerville Ca in the 70's as a kid...It helped that my best friends father owned the place. The best pizza growing up in Central CA (Reedley, east of Fresno)was "Me and Eds". Up here, I have had a variety of pizzas but none that really stood out. I do like the Pizzaschmeza alligator sausage pizza. However also, now, if I really want one, I will make it myself... have made some interesting combinations.... spam, bacon, meatball, pesto, garlic and the list goes on...

I miss Rocco's on a dark and dreary winter day. It closed down some years ago.
It was on the tip of the spear corner where west Burnside splits, one way to two way, right across the street from Powell's. All windows, nice and warm, good pizza and killer freak watching.

I moved here from New York City many years ago and I never found a pizza in Oregon that in my opinion, can compare - but then again, my diet forbids me to eat it now, anyway. When I lived there I used to crave Sicilian pizza with super thick crust with sauce and cheese running over my suit coat when I was out for lunch. Those were the days (sigh)

Galluccis Pizzeria in Lincoln city,
Flying Pie in Pdx,
The Rock Wood-Fired Pizza & Spirits in Vancouver
Shakeys was the place!

Man, I'm taking notes here.
As has been said, there is a Pietro's in the NW, at least there's one off of 99E in Milwaukie. It was first a Shakey's decades ago (it was also an ice cream parlor but I forget the name).. connected to the bowling alley.
Anyone remember The Organ Grinder Pizza?
I remember now.. it was a Farrell's ice cream parlor. They'd come tearing out of there with a pig trough of ice cream on a stretcher ringing fire bells for birthday goers. good times

You know you're a pizza freak when you have twenty freaking tins of anchovies in your pantry. I'm a freaking freak.
I think I'll get back into making my own. I've got a stone and a fancy perforated/insulated and coated pizza pan, both gifts. For a while there I'd just buy the chain-store, in house made pizza dough balls.. like $1 a ball.
Oh and edit, always, always drizzle the tinned (or jarred) anchovy oil over the fresh (but cut - it gets into the crust better) out of the oven pizza.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top