Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Best paid e-mail accounts

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Caveman Jim, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

I am getting perturbed with Yahoo, it was attacked again and I cannot login, AGAIN!!!!
    I don't mind paying for a secure e-mail account but don't know which ones to trust.
    Any help appreciated. Jim Sr.

2. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

You can make a lot of free email accounts much more secure by turning on two-tier authentication. Then you can have it send a text message with a code to your mobile phone when a new device tries to connect.

3. Garg

Garg east of portland metro Hold my beer..... watch this Bronze Supporter

I have been using google (gmail) for quite some time. Have two of them actually, 1 personal, and 1 for work. I also use a me.com for my real personal account. They are all imap type accounts, I use using oubreak. The trick is to change passwords often enough so that attacks are not successful.

4. BoonDocks36

BoonDocks36 Oregon, in the boondocks Christian. Conservative. Male.

Great PAID email is Reagon dot com. Zero interference by dotGOV, they are good.

Glenn Beck has a (Paid / Free) email, FREE, if you join The Blaze dot com, or 1791 dotCOM pay for it. Glenn says it will be a Very Cold Day in H3LL before he gives up your info.

those are the ones I will turn turn too, when One more BILL is paid off, I have Two Yahoo acct's One, I am closing down, the other is my current "in use"

Cleaning out an account is time comsuming, but needed!

I will always Have a freebie acct, just to keep my private one for Personal Items.

HTH,

philip

5. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Been on the same AOL email account since sometime in early 2000. They stopped charging for an account a LONG time ago. I get very very little spam and the service integrates with my Verizon account on my phone well.

6. tunus

tunus PDX, United States Active Member

Hushmail.com. they have a free option, but if you need more than 25mb mailbox, then you can buy one of their paid options. Your email box is also encrypted and it allows you to send out encrypted emails as well. Encryption is important, because random servers across the path of a message will not be able to read it. A copy of your message is retained by each server for at least some period of time. Anybody with access to the server can read the messages if not encrypted.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  7. The Heretic

The Heretic Oregon Well-Known Member

Just use gmail

8. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Thanks for all the suggestions, I do have a gmail account when I was in re-training & looking for work so I guess I'll ditch Yahoo for ever!!!
    Thanks again. Jim Sr.