JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had the Rem mod 760 pump in .308 with the 18in bbl...short, long, or inbetween, it can be really fast shooting!
Can find these pretty cheap, too.

Well, you might make the OP's price then. You can get this Advanced Technology folding stock at Cabellas for $70.00.

(I think this is also one pretty decent option for a cheap tactical shotgun conversion for the 870.)

<broken link removed>

adv.jpg

I can't get into your price range with anything I'd really like. For dreaming, I'd like a Remington 7600 pump in .308 with the 16" barrel. This has the same action as the proven 870 shotgun.

Just for me, a pump would be faster than a bolt or lever.

Add a couple of oversized mags and an Advanced Technology stock, and you get this:

remiiii.jpg

Why couldn't this rifle have a mag conversion similar to the .223 model and take the SR-25 magazine?

SF-

A single shot 700 nitro express. Why? Because shooting twice would be silly.

Just kidd'n,

I think a pump action 12 g would be very suitable for a "defensive" situation.

Say, I just remembered picking up an AK-47 looking weapon, but it was different.( I was at the gun show here in PDX last winter.)
It was a pump. What a rifle for this purpose.
It was one of the most surprising rifle I've seen, but it's action was slick! Takes the big mags, just like an AK

This is kind of fun. The OP said "Just for the fun of it let's imagine that only manual action (pump, bolt, lever) rifles were available..." -snip-

So I grabbed onto the word "rifle" - not a handgun and not a shotgun. Actually, I've been trying to think of something not too expensive that would be a compromise - useful up close, but capable at distance.

Couple of years back I bought a Marlin 1894 in .41 mag. Paid $299. Spent few more dollars ($50?) for a ghost ring rear sight and a fiber optic front. Before I bought my SKS it was my "truck gun". Once the SKS is sold, it will be again. I grew up shooting lever actions, it holds 10 rounds in the tube and it fits me better than the SKS. For "defensive" situations I imagine less than 100 yds and I figger that I'm covered with that gun.

That said, a clip fed pump would be hard to beat.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top