JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't recommend oil for any type of carry gun. As eventually the oil will end up in the bottom of the holster.

I don't think there's really any 'best' lube. Just any good quality grease would be good. Even Lubri-plate works.

But I do use Mobil 1 for lubing the BCG on an AR. I carry a small bottle of it, when doing some extended firing. An AR likes a wet BCG.

I use moly grease where I can and CLP everywhere else. The moly is good stuff. A tiny bit is all it takes. I have been meaning to give the synthetic motor oil a try.

I like Tetra Gun Grease for all the contact points and rails. It's easy to spread with a Q-tip and seems to disappear into the metal, leaving no goo.

I had another favorite called Rusty Duck, sold in the marine sections of sports stores, in a light blue capped can of the same size as the Break-Free foaming-spray cans. I have not looked for it in a long time and don't know if it is still available. Rusty Duck comes out of the tube as a liquid blue foam that penetrates and is easy to swab around. But it rapidly SHRINKS down to become a thin film of "sticky" grease that reminds me of slug slime! Great stuff; no mess in shooting.

Break-Free CLP for all the spots that need a lube to penetrate, and for leaving a protective oil film.................................elsullo :s0155:

I've used CLP in the past and it didn't really impress me. I've come to the conclusion that other products like Hoppes are far better for cleaning and Barnes CR-10 for copper fouling. I use Rem Oil for all of my lube/protectant. I own blued steel guns. My guns don't rust druring our wet hunting seasons (like when you turn your gun upside down and water runs out from under the stock) and I've never had a problem in the sub-freezing weather of eastern Oregon's elk seasons. I'm sure any quart of synthetic oil is cheaper by the ounce, but one little bottle of Rem Oil lasts long time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top