Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Best local (PDX, west side) source for 7.62x39?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by C&H, Jun 23, 2010.

1. C&H

C&H SW Portland Member

Where do you go for inexpensive and hopefully non-corrosive 7.62x39 in Portland (preferably on the west side)?

I've just picked up a Mini-30 and I'm looking to to go outdoors to punch holes and accelerate the decomposition of some old fruit this weekend.

I'd like to find a reasonable price on at least 100 rounds locally. I wouldn't mind a larger lot if the price was right.
    Yesterday at my local Bi-Mart they had Remington UMC for 7.49 per box of 20, and they only had two.

I've checked the classifieds and nobody on the board locally seems to be getting rid of anything right now. Are some of the dealers on the board sitting on boxes that didn't move at the PDX gun show? I certainly wouldn't mind supporting people that support this board.

2. ogre

ogre Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

If I'm not shooting handloads I prefer to shoot Golden Tiger in my 7.62x39 carbines. I find it hotter, cleaner and more accurate then Wolf brand. I buy it in bulk at gun shows but I can usually pick up the odd box at Fishermans in Delta Park. I'd give 'em a call to make sure they had it in stock before I made the drive.

3. C&H

C&H SW Portland Member

Thanks, I'll call and check on price and quantity available.

4. spider

spider Hillsboro Well-Known Member

www.ammosandextras.com
    had a 1000 rnds for 240, but he ran out, he'll probably have some more soon, based out of tigard.

5. willamette valleyfirearms

willamette valleyfirearms hillsboro oregon Member

i got one box of 1120 rnds of brass 125 grain 7.62x39mm ammo left late 80s-90s production 249.00 call me frist thing if you want it i just got in 10 of these boxes today and only one left.www.willamettevalleyfirearms.com or 503-846-1383

6. C&H

C&H SW Portland Member

I called Willamette Valley Firearms and will pick up a case on Saturday morning.
    Thanks everyone!

Now I need a source for few hundred rounds of .38 Special...