JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ordered a kit off the internet, it should be here pretty soon from Sarco... I wonder, what's the best local deals for a stripped aluminum lower?
I figure that if I order online from whoever's in stock, transfers thanks to SB941 will make it practically not worth ordering if I can find one cheaper locally?

My budget is between $50 and 100 at the most.
SO...which shops or FFL dealer has the best prices on stripped lowers in Oregon?

And I'd think you could get an anderson lower at most dealers. I've got two builds on Andersons, and for the price, they work. What more could a guy ask for?

At the last PDX gun show I saw several lowers for under $100. If you can catch a gun show it may be cheaper than paying separate FFL.

Also I saw somwhere that you should claim "other" in the form (941?) under type of firearm. That way you can build it either as long gun or pistol. Something to look into.

At the last PDX gun show I saw several lowers for under $100. If you can catch a gun show it may be cheaper than paying separate FFL.

Also I saw somwhere that you should claim "other" in the form (941?) under type of firearm. That way you can build it either as long gun or pistol. Something to look into.

Its not that the should claim other. You have to claim other. Any dealer who runs it as a rifle or pistol is not following the ATF regs. Its not a rifle or a pistol until it is built as such.

Its not that the should claim other. You have to claim other. Any dealer who runs it as a rifle or pistol is not following the ATF regs. Its not a rifle or a pistol until it is built as such.

If you don't recall how the dealer has registered the lower, you could possibly contact them. However this might not always work...
I just got off the phone with Kieth's Sporting Good's to confirm a receiver designation, that I purchased from them a few years ago. I was told that they turned over all of their paperwork to the ATF about two years ago. If you bought anything from them before that, your paper is somewhere at the ATF. :mad:

That is a common dealer practice. Not required by any stretch but the ATF doesnt mind. I know one dealer that transfers the business to his brother back and forth every three years and sends all filed paperwork in to the ATF each cycle. No idea why but he doesnt like to let the existing business structure run longer than 3 years. Tax purposes maybe.

It doesnt matter what it was transferred as. Its still not a pistol/receiver until built as such.

Does it have to be pure metal? Slickguns was just advertising an ATI hybrid (plastic with metal reinforcing the important parts kinda like a Glock frame) with included mag of uncertain brand for $45 plus $6 shipping.

Wondering the same thing from opposite side of the state line...

Does it have to be pure metal? Slickguns was just advertising an ATI hybrid (plastic with metal reinforcing the important parts kinda like a Glock frame) with included mag of uncertain brand for $45 plus $6 shipping.

A friend of mine has one of these on a pistol build and he is real pleased with quality. I have handled it and the lighter weight is nice.

Also, if you don't mind "Ship to FFL" Tennessee Arms is advertising their hybrids at $43 each.

Wish I could understand what's so special about Umbrella Corp. receivers other than name and logo for their $150 cheapest option... my gal's a big Resident Evil/zombie-horror fan so a build on theirs would be right up her alley. (Then again, all THAT really needs is an octagon with alternating red-and-white pie wedges, right? :D )

Having personally snapped the back end off of a Bushmaster "polymer" ( plastic ) lower I wouldnt touch one with a ten foot pole.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top