JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok, my project for 2010 is putting together a sniper rifle. I am stumped finding a source for left hand actions. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Bolt guns?

Stolle - action only

Kelbly - action only

Hall - action only

Complete rifles -

Ruger

Savage

Remington

Tikka

SAKO

Alpine

Browning

I'm sure there are a few more - I got 188,876 hits in 0.02 of a second.

Over here in UK we have about twenty custom rifle builder who make such things. I have no doubt that you have more custom rifle builders in your local shopping mall...:cool:

tac

Here are a few more on the other side of the pond (USA)

Blaser R93
CZ USA
Weatherby
Winchester M70

Along with Tac's list, that seems to be the main ones. I have found that Savage seems to cater to Southpaws the most and have a large variety. They also have the accutrigger which shoots very nice out of the box. Remington will have the most accessories available for customizing (stocks, aftermarket jewell triggers, etc.) Tikka rifles are surprisingly unknown in the U.S. and are extremely accurate out of the box. Browning rifles are good guns but there is very little available in the way of non-hunting accessories. I looked last week for a customer and could not come up with any "sniper stocks" without getting one custom made. Hope that helps.

here's some more dope -

Howa make LH actions, and are VERY good value for money - here we buy the rifle complete and throw away the bits we don't need to build up on those we do. If, like most Americans I know, money has only collector value for you, then I heartily recommend either of these two action makers, but in particular the second - BR winners and TR winners for many years -

Roedale of Germany - www.roedale.de and the store - www.webshop.roedale.de

RPA - www.rpainternational.co.uk/actions.asp

As for stocks - here's some -

Robertson of Canada - currently NOT taking on any more work, but do need inletting to suit your action.

Bell & Carlson stocks - also need inletting.

AICS - V popular but not sure if they do a LH version

Choate Ultimate - left and right hand

McMillan - many styles suitable for tactical-style shooting - by me if you are not a sniper by your MOS you are not a sniper - period.

Note that McMillan stocks are designed to be ambidextrous, but they DO need inletting for bolt and safety cuts.

Plaster and the Australian Black Dog stocks are also very popular over here.

If you have a couple of thousand to throw at a stock you might look at Genesis stocks, too.

If you live near Eugene go see John in Mazama Outdoor Sports and tell him I sent you. He'll give you good advice. He'll remember me as the guy who drank all his coffee and dribbled all over his custom self-build AR a while back.

tac

In that case, stick it on a Red Ryder action.:cool:

I thought you were serious about this project.:huh:

Please forget everything I wrote.

tac, disappointed.

Oh man, help me out if I don't know what I'm talking about. Seriously! I know I want to do this, but I also know I don't want to buy a complete rifle from somewhere. I'm the kind of guy who has fewer guns, but they are all customized exactly how I want them to be.

Len, not wishing to disappoint.

I'm the kind of guy who has fewer guns, but they are all customized exactly how I want them to be.

Len, not wishing to disappoint.

Sir - if you want to do the biz with this project, you might as well start by putting a Lilja barrel on it and move on from there. Paying out $600-700 for a stock and at least $1500 on an action, let alone the $2500 for a Schmidt & Bender PM2 scope in Warne rings deserves more than a cooking barrel, doncha' think?

Figure on your dream .308Win tactical rifle costing around $6000 with all the goodies is a good start.

I too have fewer guns than most of you over there, but what I DO have are what I wanted.

Good luck in your quest.
tac

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews