JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Japanese Ingenuity If this is real it is the best invention since the wheel!

If this is real it is the best invention since the wheel!

Japanese Ingenuity -- Save your plastic

This is one of the most amazing emails and break-throughs in technology I have ever seen!!!

Why aren't we doing this now????

I think we should all do what we can to save what we are destroying!

A case of Japanese ingenuity and perseverance. What is more important would be the

marketing and very low cost to make it mandatory to have one of these in every home.

The sound is all in Japanese. Just read the subtitles and watch. What a great discovery!

Man invents machine to convert plastic into oil - YouTube

Looks great until you notice the extension cord going to a wall outlet. How much power(watts)does the device consume to produce oil or other product, that when burned or efficiently used yields useable power(watts). If the power input is greater than the output, then our Federal Gov. will be stepping up to subsidize it.

Looks great until you notice the extension cord going to a wall outlet. How much power(watts)does the device consume to produce oil or other product, that when burned or efficiently used yields useable power(watts). If the power input is greater than the output, then our Federal Gov. will be stepping up to subsidize it.

You raise a really good point, but considering the alternative of letting the plastic rot in the ground for hundreds of years, (or worse, above ground), the trade-off might still be worth it. With the reduction of CO2 emission, and the reduced need for natural oil extraction, it could be pretty beneficial with a large scale application.

The main problem is that it uses distillation. Only some of the gasses will be petroleum - wonder what happens to the rest and exactly what they are? Also, there will be a residue.

Plastic isn't made from petroleum - it's made from oil (and not all from fossil oil). I'm not sure how much of what type of oil based plastic can be turned into petroleum, but I'd guess it's a fairly small percentage. BTW, a lot of plastic does not come from fossil oil. Plastic grocery bags, for example, are made from a by product of natural gas. I suppose if we stuffed the magic machine with grocery bags, then we would get natural gas instead?

My opinion only - I'd like for this device to be real, but I think it's too good to be true. At best its a pipe dream, at worst its a scam. Hope I am wrong, just like I wanted to be wrong about Obama.

"Plastic grocery bags, for example, are made from a by product of natural gas."

Close, first there are very few by products of NG, its natural state is already fairly pure.

The Plastic used in grocery bags, polyethyline (sp ????). It is a by product in the production of gasoline, specifically, Ethyl, which IS no longer considered ~Kosher~ to use as a vehicle fuel, because it was combined with lead. When we went to No Lead Gasoline, they BURNED the Ethyl off, due no knowledge of a use for it.

Poly, "Many" + Ethyl = grocery bags, hence it was considered a RECYCLED product, rather than burned off, after Scientists created Grocery Bags... First Marketed as a method to SAVE TREES, it has gone from Politically Correct, to Politically INCORRECT, by the vary same people !!!! The same people who bring us Green House Gases, don't you know....

BTW, those bags Could be made BIODEGRADEABLE, like several other Bio Degradeable PLASTICS, using Corn Starch as a filler, with very little Quality Change to the BAGS. Water hits the Corn Startch, disolves same, your decomposition is six weeks, on the average. That is already an "in use" concept.

All the Above, is posted to show:

1. The idiocy of the liberal/pinko agenda.
2. The LIES of the liberal/pinko agenda.
3. The social effect of "jump on our Bandwagon" to be correct, of the liberal/pinko agenda.

Ethyl, is what used to make our GASOLINE Octane levels higher, much better bang for the Buck $$$$. In 1968, it was The Only Fuel, that my 1968 Triumph Motorcycle Was Meant to Consume !!!!

I got 50/MPG at a price of 49.9/Gallon. If I recall correctly, it was 102 Octane, needed for High Compression engines like my 650 single Carburator engine.

Now if some Japanese Scientist, could discover a means to Recycle Enviromentists, I would say start with Al Gore, who Refused to accept his OWN Professor's recanting of global warming, because fat Al already had the $$$ in his eyes....

philip,
History class is out for the day, in the Boon Docks.

I

yes it is real but not really effective as a fuel producer. its great for consuming garbage though. its been around for a few years and the waste product is ash, just like any other still.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top