JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been through a few holsters over the years and have always ended up carrying in my purse because I haven't found anything comfortable to wear.
This is a very common issue for women.
Last year, my purse was stolen. My favorite gun was in it. Lesson learned:(

Now I only carry on my body, but I'm struggling to find a holster that fits.
I have a new Kimber Micro 9mm. I bought the new Alien Gear Shapeshifter...and hated it. The IWB portion sits too low and digs into my leg when I sit. Every IWB i have tried seems to do the same.

Right now I'm using an old Galco leather belt holster that fits the gun nicely, but it doesn't have a thumb break. I prefer to carry chambered and cocked, so I'd like something with a strap between my hammer and pin.
Since I'm only 5'1", I need something that sits a little higher and doesn't dig when I sit. (It would be nice to have an IWB, but isn't mandatory. (The one I'm wearing now is OWB.)
I don't love Kydex, but would consider it if it was comfortable and doesn't scratch my gun.)
Waist bands don't work well on me and tend to curl up...making it impossible to get to my gun quickly.
(SIGH....so many dilemmas!)

So I'm on a quest.
Any suggestions? What have the women in your life preferred?

Thanks All.

So many vaiables in your questions, wish there was a singular simple answer.

The majority of holsters and such are mostly designed for men, however, now many women have gotten into the business for various ways for woment to carry based on how women are designed and what they wear...

With that being said here are 3 different sites that cover a very large selections and choices...

Best of luck - BTW you have a very nice pistol...:D

Dene Adams - Shop Concealed Carry Holsters

All Gun Holsters

About Concealed Carry Holsters For Women - The Well Armed Woman

Last Edited:
Try a zero bulk Versacarry. They come in different lengths depending how high or low you want your gun to ride inside the waistband.

I've been through a few holsters over the years and have always ended up carrying in my purse because I haven't found anything comfortable to wear.

I have a new Kimber Micro 9mm. I bought the new Alien Gear Shapeshifter...and hated it. The IWB portion sits too low and digs into my leg when I sit. Every IWB i have tried seems to do the same.

Right now I'm using an old Galco leather belt holster that fits the gun nicely, but it doesn't have a thumb break. I prefer to carry chambered and cocked, so I'd like something with a strap between my hammer and pin.
Since I'm only 5'1", I need something that sits a little higher and doesn't dig when I sit. (It would be nice to have an IWB, but isn't mandatory. (The one I'm wearing now is OWB.)
I don't love Kydex, but would consider it if it was comfortable and doesn't scratch my gun.)
Waist bands don't work well on me and tend to curl up...making it impossible to get to my gun quickly.

So I'm on a quest.

Thanks All.

I actually have the same problem, also being 5'1". It is defiantly a Smurfy situation. :oops:

I tend to use belly bands (one works, one is too wide), or my purse for my concealed carry guns. The suggestions above are ones I am starting to look into as well. I also have a thigh holster, as I mainly wear dresses and skirts.

This is going to be my next purchase as I wear bloomers anyway.
Womens-Concealed-Carry-Thigh-Holster_Black-01.jpg

So I'm a guy and don't know crap, so take it for what it's worth.

But gice kydex a try, or better a leather back kydex holster.
You can always try different belt attachments or have one custom made to sit at the height you want.
You can also have one made with a few different screw holes so the haight is adjustable.

A gun is a tool. It ain't supposed to be pretty young lady, we'll leave that up to you!

Lol all those are great for hiding a gun .
BUT CAN YOU GET TO IT WHEN YOU NEED IT.

PUT THE GUN WHERE YOU CAN GET TO IT FAST.
you will only have seconds.
If you have to you might have to go shopping for new clothes.
Do you want to be able to DEFEND yourself or look good.
Mmmmmm..
A gun in your BRA is not the way to go.
Or your purse.
Or strapped to your leg under dress .
Put the gun where you can get it in one second

Hello,

Try a good shoulder holster in leather or in a black webbed fabric.

Uncle Mike's, Galco and Bianchi. I have only used those 3 brands and the Triple K brand personally.

You can conceal or open carry with a shoulder holster.

Choose your clothes that you can access your gun in a safe, quick and responsible manner.

If you are going to take the time and trouble to CARRY a gun in a concealed or open carry method... why make things difficult or painful?

Triple K was another brand that I used but I do not know if they make them for your style of gun off hand.

I am a BIG fan of open carry and being able to get to a gun quickly.

However if you choose to ONLY Conceal Carry instead of doing BOTH - go for the shoulder holster. Ask to try it out in the store.

I am 5' 3" tall and I liked shoulder holsters but for my 'cowboy guns' in 22lr/22wmr, 357Magnum and 45Long Colt which I used a LOT and often, I liked to use a complete Triple K set up when I owned my former handguns. Leather belt and 1 or 2 holsters.

I owned Uncle Mike's shoulder holsters. Black webbed material. I used this for larger d/a revolvers. S&W 686-5 and 2 S&W Model 29-2 and 29-3. You can get them in Smaller sizes of course and for various Types of handguns.

I had a leather Galco or a leather Bianchi for my former Glock 9mm (Back East - late 90's.) but there was NO conceal carry where I used to live years ago. So the leather holster fit on a leather belt and was completely open to see on my hip OR if there was a concealed carry law passed by the _ R Governor which there was NOT - you could use a vest or over shirt or jacket to hide your gun.

Out here, I tried Galco and Bianchi shoulder holsters for my smaller Smith and Wesson d/a revolvers. My MT husband had some extra ones and they fit my S&W Model 60 and my S&W Model 317. Three inch barrels.

I never open or conceal carried my S&W Model 41 or the S&W Model 22A.

Oh I forgot, I always CARRIED ON MY BODY with a proper holster but I did USE a quality made, leather, black fanny pack around my waist several times too. I used them ON MY BODY and I did NOT take the fanny pack off and use them like a shoulder or hand carried purse/handbag.

I might have had a purse or briefcase with me sometimes but the fanny bag meant for conceal carry did NOT have a LOT of junk in it.

So if I did not take a purse with me. I had the gun in one compartment and my id = wallet in another one. Comb, hankie and Chapstick. The third zipper up front had a small fixed blade knife and for a time frame a folding knife too. You can HIKE or walk quite a bit with a fanny pack around your waist with NO problem. You can do the same with the TRIPLE K set up. You can do the same thing with a proper fitting shoulder holster too.

I have used other fanny packs too. But the one that I used the most is the one that I have mentioned above.

If I could not access my handguns in a safe and easy manner... I would not have open or concealed carry as much as I did once I moved out west. Back east, open carry was my only option due to the GUN LAWS at the time.

Best wishes to you in finding something that fits you well and that you can get to EASILY if need be. Stay safe.

Old Lady Cate
Disclaimer: I no longer own, carry or shoot handguns due to my arthritis now.

PS: I tried a proper - name brand ankle holster of my husband's one time. It stunk for me. Maybe for a 6'1" tall guy like him it would work but I HATED IT. It felt like a brick on my ankle. I tried it in the house for several hours. Yeah, you might have to get USED TO IT but it was not my thing. He very, very rarely carried like that too.

He carries every single day where it is 'legal' according to our gun laws. Since it became legal out here - he got his MT carry license. MOST of the time he conceal carries but sometimes he open carries - it depends on where he is and what he is doing.

I tried the bra deal. That was horrible even if I did not have some special set up for a holster. Maybe women who have more 'there' can carry like that but I could not and besides it was a pain in the butt or chest!

I tried a thigh holster rig too. Set it up - I sewed it - home made deal. That stunk too.

Cate
Typos!

Last Edited:
Lol all those are great for hiding a gun .
BUT CAN YOU GET TO IT WHEN YOU NEED IT.

PUT THE GUN WHERE YOU CAN GET TO IT FAST.
you will only have seconds.
If you have to you might have to go shopping for new clothes.
Do you want to be able to DEFEND yourself or look good.
Mmmmmm..
A gun in your BRA is not the way to go.
Or your purse.
Or strapped to your leg under dress .
Put the gun where you can get it in one second

This has always been what I thought was the best way. You need to be able to get to your gun not fumble around no matter how much you practice, shoot and do your self defense drills.

Every person is different.

But I would take a shoulder holster (Conceal or open carry. Done both.) and/or a Triple K set up slung a bit lower on one side depending on the gun. Plus the one leather holster on the leather belt for my former Glock was easy to get to too.

Cate

So I'm on a quest.

Thanks All.

I know it's a ways from you but Ted Blocker make's good holsters. They seem to use the minimal amount of leather and will add a thumb break. He has quite the array of model guns for molding holsters but that Kimber Micro might not be one he has yet. I can't advise as far as IWB goes. Though I'm thinking the smaller in stature the more uncomfortable it will be to carry IWB.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top