JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wondering what others use for headspace gauges? I have some clymer, and forster gauges. I've heard that pacific tool and gauge has some of the best. Is there really any real difference between brands?

As long as they are specd correctly, I don't see how it matters?

I have Forester for 8mm Mauser and 30 carbine and both do the job. What is interesting about the Carbine set is that the base is machined down so that you do not have to remove the extractor or ejector. If I recall, most GO gauges are the same, but you could find differences with the NO-GO and Field.

I have some of each they all seem to work as well as the others. Most used is my clymer 30/06 go Guage as its been used to headspace 6 1903/a3 new barrel installs. And check new to me surplus guns along with the no-go..
Only thing I have been told is use the same brand fo go/no go. Not sure why but thats what a old timer told me.
I did have a clymer and forster 308 the measured slightly different but it was like .001.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top