JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I need some ideas about spots to visit in the Hawaiian Islands.

Mrs. Teflon and I are taking my mom's ashes to bury with Pop's at their favorite little church on Kauai. He's been there since 2003 and she will join him at last beneath the Sleeping Giant ridgeline above Kapaa. I wouldn't pick February, but that's what the family decided so we'll play along. We've been to Kauai before and it's beautiful - far less commercial and touristy (we're told) than the other islands.

Got some ideas already for things we'll do on Kauai, but we'll have a 3-4 days to spend, perhaps on other islands, before we meet up to bury Mom. So here's my question:

If you had a few days to spend on other islands, what are the things you would do/highlights you would visit?
- We don't mind taking inter-island hops.
- We've both been to Oahu countless times so we can skip that island.
- And we've also been to luaus, so that's not a big draw either.
- Rural and rustic hotel is fine, but it must have a beach.
- Need more Kauai ideas too.

What memorable things can you all recommend that might be fun to do on the various islands? Which island is your favorite, and why? Thanks for suggestions.

Last Edited:
I'd do some fishing. If you got a group, get a charter boat.
I can't recall if Kuai has a hog problem, if they do, look into booking a guided hunt.

What would your parents do?
Maybe do that thing they never got the chance to.

Find a super cool offbeat trail to hike.

I'd do some fishing. If you got a group, get a charter boat.
I can't recall if Kuai has a hog problem, if they do, look into booking a guided hunt.

What would your parents do?
Maybe do that thing they never got the chance to.

Find a super cool offbeat trail to hike.
I went to Kauai with my folks once when they were old and long retired. Among other things, we went to their favorite swimming/snorkeling beaches. It was an interesting perspective to see them doing fun, active stuff, basically like a couple of teenagers without a care in the world.

Went to Maui in a February, it was very nice. I believe that was a good time of year to whale watch as they migrate through, which was incredible. This might be good for a low-key, somber type activity with time for reflection.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top