JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like the answers above. The "best" caliber is no good if you can't conceal it. I bought the XD Sub in 9mm and found that on my small frame and with my normal clothing it was still pretty visible. I dress kinda "hipster" (don't laugh :) so my shirts aren't terribly loose normally. I was having to change my wardrobe to carry the XD except during the winter when coats & vests are the norm. Now I carry the LCP every day, either IWB with the Galco kydex holster or in my pocket with a pocket holster. I can wear a pretty close fitting t-shirt with my LCP in the IWB holster and never see it. The XD is now strictly my "winter gun."

I like the answers above. The "best" caliber is no good if you can't conceal it. I bought the XD Sub in 9mm and found that on my small frame and with my normal clothing it was still pretty visible. I dress kinda "hipster" (don't laugh :) so my shirts aren't terribly loose normally. I was having to change my wardrobe to carry the XD except during the winter when coats & vests are the norm. Now I carry the LCP every day, either IWB with the Galco kydex holster or in my pocket with a pocket holster. I can wear a pretty close fitting t-shirt with my LCP in the IWB holster and never see it. The XD is now strictly my "winter gun."

Just wondering why you feel the need to conceal so much? Not jumping on you but whats the need? I dont open carry as that seems silly to me but a shirt over the gun is all I do unless I'm wearing a jacket and I carry a full sized combat automatic.

Just wondering why you feel the need to conceal so much? Not jumping on you but whats the need? I dont open carry as that seems silly to me but a shirt over the gun is all I do unless I'm wearing a jacket and I carry a full sized combat automatic.

To me, concealed means just that... concealed. I don't really like the idea of somebody knowing I have a gun on me. I know "most people" don't actually notice, even if it's bulging... but the type of person who might notice is what worries me. Criminals and LEO are ones who will likely notice and I don't want undo attention from either crowd.

the Kahr pictured would be a fine choice. I carry the P9, which only differs in having a polymer frame. it is thin, light and easy to conceal. It handles 9mm well, is simple to operate and has been 100%. the PM/MK series is smaller yet and could work as a pocket gun, at least I hear many do. the 9mm is a step up from the .380 and much less expensive to shoot which should translate into some extra trigger time. there have been many good suggestions here. I was lucky that I have a range nearby that had all of my choices available for range time when I was trying to find that perfect ccw for me. good luck on your quest and stay safe.

+1 for the Kahr P9. For me, it is the perfect blend of concealment, weight and accuracy. I put some Meprolight sights on it and have been very happy with it. I'ts big enough to put your whole hand on and very fun to shoot. I have been absolutely shocked with how accurate it is. Also, an overlooked ccw weapon is the Sig Sauer P239. Single stack & in 9, 357 or 40. Sweet, sweet shooter. Everyone I have every talked to that owns one absolutley loves it. Best of luck...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top