JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello everybody!

I'm looking to get some sort of carrier for spare shotgun shells as part of a bug-out kit. I'm looking for your personal opinions on bandoliers, slings with loops, belts, MOLLE accessories, etc. I've looked at the options for sale, but I want to hear some personal anecdotes and tips.

Thank you,
Jordan

I used a old Claymore mine bag to carry shotgun shells , while in the Army...it worked well.

Right now I have :
A shoulder bag made of waxed cotton ( made from an old "oilskin" jacket ) ...
A WWII surplus canvas "Satchel Signal" bag...
These work well for me and my shooting / carrying preferences.
Andy

Hello everybody!

I'm looking to get some sort of carrier for spare shotgun shells as part of a bug-out kit. I'm looking for your personal opinions on bandoliers, slings with loops, belts, MOLLE accessories, etc. I've looked at the options for sale, but I want to hear some personal anecdotes and tips.

Thank you,
Jordan
My last house shotgun LONG ago became a safe queen but I keep this hanging off it. Made by Aim, holds 56. They run around $20-25. Figure if all hell is breaking loose and have to grab and move this will work. Seems very well made for the price.

SSH.png

Olongapo Outfitters makes great gear.

My last house shotgun LONG ago became a safe queen but I keep this hanging off it. Made by Aim, holds 56. They run around $20-25. Figure if all hell is breaking loose and have to grab and move this will work. Seems very well made for the price.

View attachment 712784

Is this a sling/bandolier, or just a bandolier? This is what I was leaning towards, or maybe a scabbard with shell loops all over.

S.A.W. Mag Pouch or Gas Mask Pouch always worked really well!
Bandoleer shell cards of 5 rounds each, also work amazingly well, 5 rounds of specific types of shell are super easy to carry that way!

Any dump pouch with a bungee closure top can accommodate lots of shells and keep them from falling out. If I was rolling around wanting to have ample 12ga for a tube fed, that would be stupid simple and better than most options from a versatility and reliability standpoint.

Condor also makes these velcro expandable carriers that hold 25 rounds each in an enclosed pouch that can be ripped open to have access to all the rounds, otherwise just the top 10 are accessible.

If I was rolling with a shotgun, that's what I would do.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top