JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was just going to point that out Skwim, bu ya beat be to it. I would do a short loop of 550 cord and hang it from a shifter or Cig lighter, or........... Someplace with in easy reach and cannot get lost or fall off and disappear under a seat!

Zip tie ito_O
So now how do you cut the zip tie to get the tool loose?;)

Yeah, I thought about confusion on that. The unit has a plastic piece that blocks the seat belt cutter and has a loop on it so you could have it on your key ring. When you need to use the seat belt cutter, you pull it off the looped piece to expose the blade. You could also zip-tie the loop to any knob on your steering column so that if you tug on the unit, it will dislodge from the loop and be ready for use. You'd probably have to look at the item to know what I'm talking about. :p

Yeah, I thought about confusion on that. The unit has a plastic piece that blocks the seat belt cutter and has a loop on it so you could have it on your key ring. When you need to use the seat belt cutter, you pull it off the looped piece to expose the blade. You could also zip-tie the loop to any knob on your steering column so that if you tug on the unit, it will dislodge from the loop and be ready for use. You'd probably have to look at the item to know what I'm talking about. :p
I guess if you zip tied it so the seat belt cutter engages the zip tie you could get it off easy enough

The old school firefighter in me has to have a good size fiberglass handle axe, a 3 foot crowbar, two 5 pound fire extinguishers, 10 30 minute road flares and two reflective vests in each of my vehicles. The knives with the belt cutter glass breakers work fine.

9mm guy, I was wondering about your aversion to a single tool?
If you get a good seat belt cutter it's easy to have a carbide tip with it. Odds are you will use the tool to extract others from they're car, rather than on yourself! If it's all on one tool that's easiest to grab in a hurry!

Thanks for your answers. Sorry for not being clear. What I meant was that while researching, I saw a review of the Statgear T3.

It is a folding knife, seat belt cutter, glass punch, and a flashlight. Although the reviewer tried to make it sound positive, this thing fell apart after some simple torture tests; the knife's blade broke, the glass punch came apart after dropping it etc. It's clear to me that the manufacturer was trying to do too many things.

And so I was thinking of this when I wrote that I don't want multiple things into one. I don't need a knife or screwdriver or flashlight all rolled into one. Ideally I would like to have one tool that has a glass breaker and seat belt cutter in case of an auto emergency (such as a sinking car situation); and I need the tool to work right in those life-or-death situation. I certainly don't trust something like the Statgear T3 where they are cramming everything they can into one tool that breaks, which makes me not trust this tool.

Anyways thanks to the answers here, I'll be deciding between the Z-Rex, Lifehammer, and the Resqme. I like the idea of a spring loaded punch rather than a hammer but I'll have to read up on some Amazon reviews and Youtube reviews. If you have any other suggestions, I'd be grateful. Thanks to everyone again.

IMG_5479.JPG Resqme, have it on my own xmas list
About $10

Hadn't seen that one before
Bought this one years ago for my deployment because I hated the issued seat belt cutter the military gave us
Model 4 Strap Cutter - Coyote Brown - Strap Cutters - Tools - Products
I see that they now have their own combo unit
ASEK Strap Cutter/Multi Tool - Strap Cutters - Tools - Products
Maybe I'll upgrade to yours or that one
We carry a hooligan tool at work that's more than capable of getting through windows if I need to
I used to carry something similar to this
Galls Spring Loaded Window Punch
but when it came right down to it I always opted for the hooligan if I needed to get into something, and when I eventually lost the thing I never bothered to replace it

Last time I rolled my mini truck my head woulda been squashed had I been wearing a seat belt, because the roof collapsed down over the tops of the doors--I actually rolled the window up and crawled out, because of that I seldom wear a seat belt and i'm saving a bunch of ammo money not buying this hammer knife doohickey

Last time I rolled my mini truck my head woulda been squashed had I been wearing a seat belt, because the roof collapsed down over the tops of the doors--I actually rolled the window up and crawled out, because of that I seldom wear a seat belt and i'm saving a bunch of ammo money not buying this hammer knife doohickey
I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that justify to themselves not wearing belt by saying that sort of thing.
I think more people don't walk away from accidents due to not wearing a belt.
There are always exceptions such as your example.

I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that justify to themselves not wearing belt by saying that sort of thing.
I think more people don't walk away from accidents due to not wearing a belt.
There are always exceptions such as your example.

I've had lots of accidents & some on purposes-- personally I think a person improves with experience
but your results and scars may differ

I've had lots of accidents & some on purposes-- personally I think a person improves with experience
but your results and scars may differ
I peel other people out of THEIR accidents. Yeah I have had a few of my own, and yeah drivers gain some experience the longer they drive, but having your head decapitated in a rollover because you weren't wearing your belt has little to do with your years of driving experience. Experience may help prevent the accident if you are able to pull out of a problem early enough or use good driving tactics to avoid an accident, but there comes a certain point in any collision where I doubt that experience will save your bacon and you're just along for the ride. At that point seat belts, airbags etc can make the difference between walking way or not.

I peel other people out of THEIR accidents. Yeah I have had a few of my own, and yeah drivers gain some experience the longer they drive, but having your head decapitated in a rollover because you weren't wearing your belt has little to do with your years of driving experience. Experience may help prevent the accident if you are able to pull out of a problem early enough or use good driving tactics to avoid an accident, but there comes a certain point in any collision where I doubt that experience will save your bacon and you're just along for the ride. At that point seat belts, airbags etc can make the difference between walking way or not.

Sometimes just for fun I like to talk a lot about things I have seen or done in order to convince people who know better that they actually do not know better at all.

Ever watch Tombstone with Val Kilmer? I recall the bar scene where Val spins his tin cup, mocking the gunslinger who had been showing off previously with his gun spinning antics, if I remember correctly the show-off gunslinger left in a huff--Folks got all pis sy about nothing back then:eek:

Sometimes just for fun I like to talk a lot about things I have seen or done in order to convince people who know better that they actually do not know better at all.
OK, and what does that have to do with this topic? You beat the odds, that's all you did.
I DO "know better" that a seat belt is more likely to help you than to hurt you. There will always be those who can claim that by virtue of not wearing a belt they were saved by some fluke. Then there's the other ones...the ones who can't say any such thing...because they're dead. They got ejected, or partially ejected and then rolled over on by the car, or partially ejected and then turned into a paste by the car as it slid. Maybe they wound up lying in a field, or wound up hanging from a tree 30 feet in the air. Those were all real people too, and they're not here to argue the case for not wearing a seat belt because they're not here, period.

Thanks for your answers. Sorry for not being clear. What I meant was that while researching, I saw a review of the Statgear T3.

It is a folding knife, seat belt cutter, glass punch, and a flashlight. Although the reviewer tried to make it sound positive, this thing fell apart after some simple torture tests; the knife's blade broke, the glass punch came apart after dropping it etc. It's clear to me that the manufacturer was trying to do too many things.

And so I was thinking of this when I wrote that I don't want multiple things into one. I don't need a knife or screwdriver or flashlight all rolled into one. Ideally I would like to have one tool that has a glass breaker and seat belt cutter in case of an auto emergency (such as a sinking car situation); and I need the tool to work right in those life-or-death situation. I certainly don't trust something like the Statgear T3 where they are cramming everything they can into one tool that breaks, which makes me not trust this tool.

Anyways thanks to the answers here, I'll be deciding between the Z-Rex, Lifehammer, and the Resqme. I like the idea of a spring loaded punch rather than a hammer but I'll have to read up on some Amazon reviews and Youtube reviews. If you have any other suggestions, I'd be grateful. Thanks to everyone again.

Well, 9mm guy, I think the problem with the Statgear T3 is probably less the number of items packed into it and more the $37 price tag! Good gear costs good money!

After reading and commenting on your thread I think I'm going to get either a Z-Rex or Lifehammer for the wife's car! I lean toward the Leatherman because I'm a fan. But, I think that the Lifehammer might be easier for her to use! We'll see. :D

OK, and what does that have to do with this topic? You beat the odds, that's all you did.
I DO "know better" that a seat belt is more likely to help you than to hurt you. There will always be those who can claim that by virtue of not wearing a belt they were saved by some fluke. Then there's the other ones...the ones who can't say any such thing...because they're dead. They got ejected, or partially ejected and then rolled over on by the car, or partially ejected and then turned into a paste by the car as it slid. Maybe they wound up lying in a field, or wound up hanging from a tree 30 feet in the air. Those were all real people too, and they're not here to argue the case for not wearing a seat belt because they're not here, period.

You make it sound like I only been in one accident
I can assure you, I been wrecking moving things since I got my feet off the ground
I intend to continue falling off on the best side as long as my good fortune holds out
to me death seems a part of life, I intend to go to it with open arms, when my time is due

I think you missed the part where had I been wearing the seat belt, i would not have been able to fall across the bench seat of the vehicle when it rolled and being held immobile, sitting up with the seat belt on, my head would have been crushed by the roof which collapsed over the doors. Tell the dead people about your suppositions, they really care about what you think:eek::eek::eek:

With all the seatbelt tickets you're likely paying every week you could hire a troop of monkeys to type your responses on the internet.
lol

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads