JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As a beginner to prepping, I noticed how important it is to prep not just for one's home but for all scenarios including while driving. And I didn't realize the importance of a glass breaker/seat belt cutter tool until some of my research.

Which specific device do you recommend? I'm looking for an item that's actually been proven to break glass easily and cut seat belt easily without much effort. In my research, I've see a lot of Swiss Army-type of all-in-one devices which I'm not interested in. Thanks in advance for all your answers.

I carry an ASP telescoping police baton in my truck! No auto glass will stand up to it! :D
I always have a large spring assist knife in easy reach, right front pocket, I like serrations for this very type of thing.

So do you want two devices? You said you want a device but not an all in one device?

We have this smith and wesson 1st responder that we got from my late father in law as he was a first responder.
image.jpeg

Last Edited:
Make sure you tape the devise to an easily accessible location, so if you're in an accident it doesn't go flying away and out of reach.

I carry a Leatherman MUT. The whole thing is a glass breaker and it's got a very nice seatbelt/strap cutter. It's also got some AR specific features that a lot of people here would probably like. I picked up an EOD model out of a pawn shop for $70. Retail is a bit much at $160 on Amazon but used deals can be found on eBay pretty regularly.

<broken link removed>

Last Edited:
I carry a Leatherman MUT. The whole thing is a glass breaker and it's got a very nice seatbelt/strap cutter. It's also got some AR specific features that a lot of people here would probably like. I picked up an EOD model out of a pawn shop for $70. Retail is a bit much at $160 on Amazon but used deals can be found on eBay pretty regularly.

<broken link removed>

Excellent tools! Someday.

9mm guy, I was wondering about your aversion to a single tool?
If you get a good seat belt cutter it's easy to have a carbide tip with it. Odds are you will use the tool to extract others from they're car, rather than on yourself! If it's all on one tool that's easiest to grab in a hurry!

Thanks Sgt! We were issued SOG extraction tools, but they wouldn't cut like the Puma! There used to be a Spiderco that would cut the toughest webbing tiedowns with a single swipe, and I lost it! Cannot find another one:(:(:(

My wallet has a glass breaker built into the outside corner..

It also has an ink pen, tweezers, toothpick, compass and a vacuumed sealed pack of 10 strike anywhere matches. It's water tight. And it floats.

In my other front pocket is my MUT with belt cutter.

DSCN4899.JPG

Last Edited:
This is what is in the truck I drive at work. I'm pretty sure this or something similar is sold st pretty much every auto parts type store. Or Amazon.

DF7ACE3E-25C0-4F68-947D-080012C34043-3016-000002EFE1254BDF_tmp.jpg

Kershaw Blur! It's on me daily, has glass breaker and cuts damn near anything. Oh and don't forget the Kershaw annual factory sale coming up in 2 weeks or so.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top