JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking around it seems that the front sight pin is the most solid attachment to gas block.

From best to worse (durability):

- Pinned front sight block
- Low pro pinned gas block
- Dimpled barrel
- Clamp on barrel
- Torqued low pro screws with toctite

Thoughts?

I've never had any issue with a properly installed lopro GB, either pinned or screwed.

just looking as compared to an AK, the dual pin A2 FSB looks to be the most solid. I've seem them move around without any dimple / pin before. Not that it caused a malfunction, but you can see it in the grooves the screws dig if you remove the low pro gas block.

I'm a dimpler and screwer. Have always held tight with blue loctite. I recently discovered the blue loctite in lipstick form and feel that it holds better than the liquid.

Dimple the barrel and loctite the screw. Never had a gas block move. To be honest I've never had a gas block move on an undimpled barrel, either.

just looking as compared to an AK, the dual pin A2 FSB looks to be the most solid. I've seem them move around without any dimple / pin before. Not that it caused a malfunction, but you can see it in the grooves the screws dig if you remove the low pro gas block.

That's because it is, a more solid gas block than a pinned FSB does not exist and they can be shaved down to create the most sold of LPGBs.

Shave Standard A2 FSB To Fit Under Handguards | Adco Firearms LLC

If you are seeing movement from a LPGB it is only a matter of time before malfunctions will occur.

I'm a dimpler and screwer. Have always held tight with blue loctite. I recently discovered the blue loctite in lipstick form and feel that it holds better than the liquid.

You should be using red on gas blocks.

Dimple the barrel and loctite the screw. Never had a gas block move. To be honest I've never had a gas block move on an undimpled barrel, either.

Then they haven't been shot enough to cause it, I've seen it happen dozens of times.

Then they haven't been shot enough to cause it, I've seen it happen dozens of times.

Not saying it doesn't happen. Just saying it hasn't happened to me. I'm just an average dude, not an operator. Any of my important rigs are dimpled and loctited at least. Most are also pinned for peace of mind. Although I tried to remove one of my set screw gas blocks so that I could dimple the barrel. After a lot of heat and two broken wrenches, I decided to leave it alone. It's not my go-to gun, but I am at least a little more confident that, if the need arose, this particular gas block isn't budging any time soon.

Yeah, if you run through 100-200 rounds on a saturday morning, I think you'd see the non-dimpled low pro move and mark up the barrel.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top