JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Say 185th (east Hillsboro) to Baseline (OR 8 at that point) @ Walnut (west end)

I typically don't find food west of Corn-Pass.

What do you like / where to get it?

I do like ABV for pub food - Next door to Beavercreek Armory (no side of 26 @ Brookwood) and the beer supplies are there too (Homebrew)

My wife likes BJ's (not a euphemism) so we go there on a regular basis. General casual food place (100 things on menu)

Last week I had a taco salad with shredded chicken at the new Muchas Gracias at 185th & Cornell. It was pretty darned good with a nice even spread of ingredients, not just filled mostly with lettuce in a small shell like some of the other places. Maybe because they just opened (they took over the old Jack in the Box) they're putting some extra effort into it but I'd definitely get it again. They also include the red or green sauce in a take out cup, not in foil packets.

King Torta
Saigon Bowl
Thirsty Lion
Gangnam Korean BBQ
Long bottom coffee
Mania Coffee house and Island Grill
Clark's Bistro

Just to name a few.

Rock N Wingz, 2020 NE Cornell near Dancing Dragon. Great wingz

I'm going to try these. And if they are not "great" you are going in my bozo filter. I knew the man who created the sauce used by the Anchor bar, he has now passed, and have eaten there many times.

Last week I had a taco salad with shredded chicken at the new Muchas Gracias at 185th & Cornell. It was pretty darned good with a nice even spread of ingredients, not just filled mostly with lettuce in a small shell like some of the other places. Maybe because they just opened (they took over the old Jack in the Box) they're putting some extra effort into it but I'd definitely get it again. They also include the red or green sauce in a take out cup, not in foil packets.

Muchas is just in a new location, their old one didn't have the drive thru.

Lupe's Escape
I do like me some Lupe's. Taco's and cerveza.

Amelia's in downtown for authentic Mexican

Potbelly in Streets of Tanasbourne mall for sandwhich

Meating Place on CP & West Union for non standard meats

BJs has good food but is a bit loud

Helvetia Tav-ern or Five Guys for a good burger

Gangnam BBQ is good too, but be ware its not inexpensive. Its good, but with good food comes hefty bill.

I love Lupe's too but I would not call it Hillsboro. Their Chili (meat and sauce, no beans) is damn good, and if you are an eater, try the Sonora "King of Enchaladas" platter.

Saigon Bowl
Thirsty Lion

Saigon used to have a differnet name - Bambooza - still good tho. I usually get Pho there.

I don't like the Thirsty Lion. Just something. More to do with the atmosphere I think.

Clark's Bistro
Going on my list. And then I can browse @MK.

If you are in the downtown area, go to Don Pedro's for a burrito on 10th.

Killer Burger
I don't like these ( their is also one in Sherwood kinda near Tri-County / Thread Dynamics / Walmart) as they crank it upto 11 and you can't have a conversation. And the burger was not good enough to make me put up with that. I'll take 5 Guys over them.

Gyro House @206/Baseline
I get the lamb. Gogo used to be better, but I avoid it now (same mini-mall) The coffee place there is good.

Coyote's is OK, not a destination/special event place. But OK for a sit down lunch.
Same for Lil' Cooperstown.

I keep trying (every 5 years or so) Hale's. But I just don't want to go back.

I have tried PFChangs - but too busy/crowded for me to put up with it.

BWW, since the chain dropped Weck it hadn't been the same. And the wings are not that good (small for one)

Orenco Station Grill is OK. I wish they had a steak.

Orenco Taphouse is good, - full disclosure one of the owners used to be my "owner" here - the client manager responsible for my team. You get beer. You put up with the location.

My Taiwanese co-workers like: Taste Of Sichuan Beaverton but that is Beaverton. Cornell near 158th.

Szechuan House - not too far from Lupe's - just opened (less than 6 months) Pretty good for Dim Sum. I see plenty of Taiwanese in there when I go.

CPR - worry about the car getting broken into. Go showroom clean. Otherwise it is McMenamins same menu as the rest.

I've been to the Muchas on TV Hwy out in Aloha. They have a drive thru. Where was this one previously?

Used to be on Cornell - West of 185 - but not as far as Streets of Tanasborne. My wife's co-workers were ecstatic over the drive thru feature. It is not a place I frequent, so I can't be more accurate than this.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top