JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Heres the light I always have in my truck, perfect for ANY emergencies. LOL :p

D75EE6E3-5604-4CA0-8DFF-36493A3BEAB7-11018-0000070806929218_zpsf24d5cac.jpg

I'm more of a fan of headlamps for work or emergency since it keeps the hands free to do what needs to be done, plus the focus stays on the work area.

Like thw Rayovacs you can get at Bimart/Lowes/Home Depot
<broken link removed>

I have a bunch of flashlights Surefire, Olight, Fenix, Lens light and several customs. I have used Fenix and Olight for work lights for years the higher end stuff for EDC pocket carry. I really light the Olight them seam to hold up better for work. Most of my lights are 123 cells and rechargeable to save some money on batteries. All of my kids and wife have Olights in there vehicles or key rings. I would get an Olight S1 Baton and run primary's in it.

Last Edited:
I'd have about three flashlights in the car.. a middlin "tactical" light, a dollar store LED job, and a good head lamp.. good for if you actually have to use your hands for something, lol.

I like Surefires myself. I carry one with two modes that has a long burn time on low. I think it is the 6px pro or something like that. Also a big fan of Pelican lights and Energizer headlamps. Look for lithium batteries for best storage or replace alkaline batteries regularly. Nothing sucks more than reaching for a light and finding the batteries have died.

Headlamp for working under the hood.
Big, cheap, reliable 6v lantern for walking out at night.
Couple road flares to make sure you don't get run over while changing a flat.

"Best" is hard to say. The Princeton Tec Remix headlamps have good features but also an option for White or Red (you can also choose white/green). If you ever need a road flare, putting this on blinking red and putting it out before an accident is a nice thing to have if your flares are not working. In addition to fixed front and rear lights, I turn one on red and thread it through my backpack when biking, even in daylight, to give the cars an extra heads up to not kill me.

Amazon.com : Princeton Tec Remix LED Headlamp (150 Lumens, Black w/Red LED's) : Sports & Outdoors
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UAACCKG/ref=twister_B01D1KJF10?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
As an FYI, I own a lot of model headlamps. Few offer this red feature which I love and use all the time for biking. Some models I currently own, some in multiples and have older and newer models: the Fenix HR60, the Nitecore HL30, the Black diamond Icon (Polar and regular), Spot (have about 5 of these, it hist the sweet spot for hiking), Storm, Ion and a couple of others, about 4 different Petzl headlamp models and about 3 or 4 Princeton Tecs.

"Best" is hard to say. The Princeton Tec Remix headlamps have good features but also an option for White or Red (you can also choose white/green). If you ever need a road flare, putting this on blinking red and putting it out before an accident is a nice thing to have if your flares are not working. In addition to fixed front and rear lights, I turn one on red and thread it through my backpack when biking, even in daylight, to give the cars an extra heads up to not kill me.

Amazon.com : Princeton Tec Remix LED Headlamp (150 Lumens, Black w/Red LED's) : Sports & Outdoors
As an FYI, I own a lot of model headlamps. Few offer this red feature which I love and use all the time for biking. Some models I currently own, some in multiples and have older and newer models: the Fenix HR60, the Nitecore HL30, the Black diamond Icon (Polar and regular), Spot (have about 5 of these, it hist the sweet spot for hiking), Storm, Ion and a couple of others, about 4 different Petzl headlamp models and about 3 or 4 Princeton Tecs.
Headlamps have become my go to when driving/traveling at night, I wear one around my neck like a necklace so I know where it is :rolleyes:.
I get some weird looks at gas/food stops though.
:D

I have been a big fan of the Fenix lights.. They last a long time both in light output along with battery life in them, I have 2 TK15 lights that use either 2x CR123 or a single 18650 battery.. Now some might say because it doesnt take a AA,c,D battery that its no good.. On the contrary... the CR123's have a 10 year shelf life.. cant say that for an alkaline battery.. the 18650 batterys have micro-chips in them to keep them from charging or discharging to quickly.. Cant say that for the alkalines.. I personally leave my flashlight in the truck for 6+ months and its just as bright as when I put it in there. Every now and then I bring it in the house and charge both the truck flashlight and my personal nightstand flashlight, takes about an hour or two and then they go back and are good for the next 6 months or more.. For the truck, I also keep 4x of the CR123 batterys in the glove box, they are small battery's so they dont take up much space, but are good for 10 years of living in the truck.

Fenix Digital TK15UE LED Tactical Flashlight - Fenix Tactical LED Flashlights - fenixtactical.com
They have the new version which is the TK16 but I havent bought any yet.

for the 18650 battery's i run
Amazon.com: Panasonic NCR18650B Super Max 3.7V 3400mAh Rechargeable Li-ion Battery-Green: Home Audio & Theater

And for the charger
Amazon.com: Nitecore D2 Digicharger Bundle with EASTSHINE EB182 Battery Box and Car Charger: Home Audio & Theater

I used to have mag lights around the house and in the truck.. but the cost of keeping batterys in those dumb things just ticked me off.. and then to grab the flashlight after 2 months of being in the truck and to have it barely put out enough light to work with.. nope.. Gone! LED only for me.

Heh, took a Convoy L6, the Beast, (@3800 lumens) down camping and let my buddies 14 year old son carry it around for a while. He promised that he wouldn't point it in anyone's eyes, and honorable lad that he is kept that promise. However, at one point we were all walking back to the campsite and my brother was badgering him about the thing, the boy called us over to show how bright it was (we'd just been spotlighting a dome approx 3/4-1 mile away with it), said "No no no, just look in this general direction", in the faint light of the night we see him moving his hand towards the ground, then BAM he turned it onto the ground (not at us) full power right where we were looking. The reflection alone temporarily blinded us. We were all cracking up.

I've been carrying one in my truck (along with 3 headlamps) for when I'm out in the woods car camping. It's amazing, but so far overkill to be absurd. I also have a more manageble Nitecore MH20GT which I can charge off the USB in the truck.

More info here: Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast! | BudgetLightForum.com

Last Edited:
I have a 3 D cell Maglite in the door panel storage for smacking heads with. An elcheapo AAbattery Cree light in the console or glovebox. (I keep dozens of these around. Bought on EBay.) And a Walmart purchased headlamp in the toolkit under the seat for working on stuff, changing tires, etc. My emergency kit has a flasher in it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top