JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mine favorite is the gun owners prayer, which is always in my signature on gun forums.. dont know who actually said it.

Lord, make me fast and accurate, let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who seek to destroy me, grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine, let not my last thought be - 'If I only had my gun'- and Lord if today is truly the day you call me home, let me die in a pile of warm brass,
Amen

Col. Cooper:

Quotations of Jeff Cooper | Buckeye Firearms Association (http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/quotations-jeff-cooper)

Several listed at the web page.

""The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair.""

And from 1993 - 2006 he wrote about every month

<broken link removed>

there are other repositories of the same material.

"Not long ago it was easy to tell who the bad guys were. They carried Kalashnikovs. Now it is much more complicated, but one thing is sure - any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen."

""Look out, they've guns!"

"Who, the wackos?"

"No, the Feds!""

Robert Heinlein

via Jeff Cooper:
As Heinlein put it,"An armed society is a polite society."

Robert A. Heinlein Quotes at BrainyQuote.com (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/r/robertahe100989.html)

Robert A. Heinlein - Wikiquote (https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Robert_A._Heinlein)

Well, in the first place an armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. For me, politeness is a sine qua non of civilization. That's a personal evaluation only. But gunfighting has a strong biological use. We do not have enough things to kill off the weak and the stupid these days. But to stay alive as an armed citizen a man has to be either quick with his wits or with his hands, preferably both. It's a good thing.
  • Chapter 15, "Probably a blind alley—" (p. 147)
    Beyond This Horizon (1948; originally serialized in 1942)

I would say that my position is not too far from that of Ayn Rand's; that I would like to see government reduced to no more than internal police and courts, external armed forces — with the other matters handled otherwise. I'm sick of the way the government sticks its nose into everything, now.
  • The Robert Heinlein Interview (1973)

The police of a state should never be stronger or better armed than the citizenry. An armed citizenry, willing to fight, is the foundation of civil freedom. That's a personal evaluation, of course.
  • Chapter 9, "When we die, do we die all over?" (p. 97)
    Beyond This Horizon (1948; originally serialized in 1942)

Not really gun related but relevant:
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can impolite without having their skulls , split as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard , from the story the Tower of the Elephant.
I find myself siding more and more with the "savages" these days ...
Andy

A bit on the light side:

After buying my Mosin-Nagant...along with the "spam can" of 440 rounds...and getting my first taste of cleaning after a long session at the range, I had to ask....

"When is a rifle not a rifle?"

Ans: "When it's a pistol to clean!"

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews