JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"All political power grows out of the barrel of a gun"

-- Mao Zedong, August 1927

mao-poster-revolution_0.jpg

From Marine Chesty Puller

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us…they can't get away this time."

"Great. Now we can shoot at those bastards from every direction."

"We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them"

"Remember, you are the 1st Marines! Not all the Communists in Hell can overrun you!"

"Take me to the Brig. I want to see the real Marines."

"Alright you bastards, try and shoot me!" (to Korean forces)

"Where do you put the bayonet?" (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)

"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em."

"Hit hard, hit fast, hit often."

"Retreat! Hell, we're just attacking in a different direction."

Alittle background for those who don't know:
Lewis Burwell "Chesty" Puller (June 26, 1898 – October 11, 1971) was a United States Marine Corps lieutenant general who fought guerrillas in Haiti and Nicaragua, and fought in World War II and the Korean War.

Puller is the most decorated Marine in American history. He is one of two U.S. servicemen to be awarded five Navy Crossesand, with the Distinguished Service Crossawarded to him by the U.S. Army, he is the only person to have received six of the nation's second-highest military awards for valor.

Puller retired from the Marine Corps with 37 years service in 1955 and lived in Virginia.
My Grandfather served under Puller in 1st Marines as a Platoon Srgt with the attached 3rd AmTracs, in the first wave in the assault on Peleliu. Had a lot of admiration for that man, understandably. MacArthur not so much.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity!" :cool:
~~~~Sigmund Freud~~~~
The quote in the photo is not from Freud. The quote is by Don B. Kates, Jr. where Kates summarizes his views of passages in Dreams in Folklore (1958) by Freud and David E. Oppenheim, while disputing statements by Emmanuel Tanay in "Neurotic Attachment to Guns" in a 1976 edition of The Fifty Minute Hour: A Collection of True Psychoanalytic Tales (1955) by Robert Mitchell Lindner:

"Dr. Tanay is perhaps unaware of — in any event, he does not cite — other passages more relevant to his argument. In these other passages Freud associates retarded sexual and emotional development not with gun ownership, but with fear and loathing of weapons. The probative importance that ought to be attached to the views of Freud is, of course, a matter of opinion. The point here is only that those views provide no support for the penis theory of gun ownership."

Here's what Freud did say about the issue:

"The representation of the penis as a weapon, cutting knife, dagger etc., is familiar to us from the anxiety dreams of abstinent women in particular and also lies at the root of numerous phobias in neurotic people." - Sigmund Freud

freud guns.jpg

When asked by a reporter if he could offer any forgiveness towards those who were involved in the planning and execution of the attack on America on 9/11, General Norman Schwarzkopf said:

"I believe that forgiving them is God's function. Our job is to simply arrange their meeting with him."

These Sarah Brady types must be educated to understand that because we have an armed citizenry, a dictatorship has not happened in America. These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies.
Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Any politician who won't trust you with the weapon of your choice, clearly cannot be trusted with the power he desires over your life.
Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith

Gun control? Its the best thing you can do for crooks and gangsters. I want you to have nothing. I'm a bad guy; I'm always gonna have a gun. Safety locks? You will pull the trigger with a lock on, and I'll pull the trigger. We'll see who wins.
Sammy The Bull Gravano, whose testimony convicted John Gotti.

You may not like guns, and choose not to own one. That is your right. You might not believe in God. That is your choice. However, if someone breaks into your home the first two things you're going to do are: 1) Call someone with a gun. 2) Pray they get there in time.
Unknown

'Better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it.'

'A hit with just one twenty-two beats a million misses with a forty-five.'

Advice from Colour Sergeant Shafer 1 Para, on close-quarter shooting - 'Hit 'em in the eye - any eye.' and to shoot at any part of the body you can see. He went on to note 'I've never seen anybody run off after being shot up through the ankle with the SLR.' [FAL to you]

He was platoon sergeant of a patrol out in South Armagh one fine summer day when they came under fire from over the border with the republic - 'Shoot back at the f*****s, bullets don't need no f****** passports!'

After a couple of minutes, the fire from 'over there' died down somewhat, and one of the shooters legged up up the hillside, leaving his somewhat dead pal in the lurch. Shafer took the sniping rifle off the L/Cpl beside him, and shouted in a VERY loud voice at the leggee - 'STAND STILL AND I'LL SHOOT!' The leggee instantly and obligingly stood still - Shafer shot him sideways through the pelvis and he dropped like the proverbial sack of ****. 'Stupid f*****', Shafer noted - 'Must have misunderstood my strong Yorkshire accent.'

We loved him.

tac

"La soberanía de un pueblo no se discute, sino que se defiende con las armas en la mano."
-- General Augusto Sandino, who kicked the US Marines out of Nicaragua back in 1933

It means, "The sovereignty of a people cannot be argued about, it is defended with a gun in the hand."

"La soberanía de un pueblo no se discute, sino que se defiende con las armas en la mano."
-- General Augusto Sandino, who kicked the US Marines out of Nicaragua back in 1933

It means, "The sovereignty of a people cannot be argued about, it is defended with a gun in the hand."
I'd translate as such: "The people's sovereignty is not debated, instead it is defended with guns in hand (alt. 'armed with guns')"

1/2 dozen of 1 or 6 of the other really

Last Edited:
These quotes aren't so much witty as they are informative:

"We have an ongoing gun crisis including firearms-related homicides lately in Toronto, and a law registering firearms has neither deterred these crimes nor helped us solve any of them. None of the guns we know to have been used were registered[...]. The firearms registry is long on philosophy and short on practical results considering the money could be more effectively used for security against terrorism as well as a host of other public safety initiatives."

–– Ontario Provincial Police Commissioner Julian Fantino on the Canadian firearms registry

============

"Is it a messaging problem when a mass shooting happens and nothing that we have to offer would have stopped that mass shooting? Sure it's a challenge in this issue."

–– Mark Glaze, former executive director of Mayors Against Illegal Guns / Everytown for Gun Safety

============

"I can safely say that guns are being taken off the street in an unprecedented way. Some people, unfortunately, are turning to a different weapon."

–– New York Mayor Bill de Blasio, 3/2016

FoxNews.com asked the NYPD for data backing up the mayor's claim. That data showed that gun-related arrests in 2016 had (at that time) risen to 559 from 476 during the same period in 2015, while shooting incidents fell from 161 to 130 and murders fell from 63 to 44. At the same time, in the first two months of 2016 there were 567 slashing attacks, some 20 percent above the pace set in early 2015.
Also worth noting is that there was a 14 percent increase in felonious assaults overall, regardless of weapon, compared to the same time period last year.

============

"In this paper, we re-analyze the same data on firearm deaths used in previous research, using tests for unknown structural breaks as a means to identifying impacts of the National Firearms Agreement. The results of these tests suggest that the NFA [Australia's National Firearms Agreement] did not have any large effects on reducing firearm homicide or suicide rates.
…The evidence so far suggests that in the Australian context, the high expenditure incurred to fund the 1996 gun buyback has not translated into any tangible reductions in terms of firearm deaths.
"

–– Lee and Suardi, University of Melbourne study, 2008

============

This next one is significant because it compares Australia and New Zealand, which are socioeconomically and geographically similar, much more so than the U.S. is to either Great Britain or Australia, making it a more apples-to-apples comparison.

"The current paper examines the incidence of mass shootings in Australia and New Zealand (a country that is socioeconomically similar to Australia, but with a different approach to firearms regulation) over a 30 year period. It does not find support for the hypothesis that Australia's prohibition of certain types of firearms has prevented mass shootings, with New Zealand not experiencing a mass shooting since 1997 despite the availability in that country of firearms banned in Australia.
Firearm homicide rates were not significantly altered by the NFA
[Australia's National Firearms Agreement], with the pre-existing downwards trend in firearm homicides continuing at the same rate after the reforms as before…"

–– "Mass shootings in Australia and New Zealand: A descriptive study of incidence"
Dr. Samara McPhedran and Dr. Jeanine Baker; published in the Justice Policy Journal, Vol. 8, No. 1, Spring 2011
Mass Shootings in Australia and New Zealand: A Descriptive Study of Incidence by Samara McPhedran, Jeanine Baker :: SSRN (http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2122854)

============

Okay, I'll leave you with a witty quote:

"It's a proven fact that criminals commit less crime after they've been shot."

OK, it's Sci Fi, but you can't say you didn't think as soon as you saw it in the movie.. I WANT THAT!!!!

Corporal Hicks: "wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher."

Brutus Out

Or how about Bruce Willis in "The 5th Element": "You mind if I try? - (Bang) - Anyone else want to negotiate?"

"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops."
- Noah Webster, An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, October 10, 1787

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top