JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all I hope your Christmas was well, a friend wants to sell his handgun and wants to know the best place near Portland for a inexpensive transfer ? Thanks in advance

For me, I prefer cut above pawn. No BS, clean pawn shop, they dont care how you pay and no silly fees - $25 covers transfer and bgc. I used to prefer Tigard Pawn 4 more which is the same price but they only accept cash, are a bit nosey, and require you bring your own COLORED photo copy of your drivers license otherwise they charge you an extra $3. If I dont feel like travelling then money market pawn shop in Portland is a good alternative for $30 which covers bgc and transfer fee. They do charge you like 3 % more now if you use card which I think is stupid.

PS: A forum member gave me a good tip - if you ever go to cut above pawn there is a small mexican bakery across the street that has excellent pastries for good prices. My wife likes to come with me when I do my business so knowing shes going to go there before/after we visit the pawn shop at least keeps her happy. :cool:

I am going to become a justice of the peace so I can officiate weddings. Then friends can get married and tranfer each other all the guns they want. Makes about as much sense.
I'll only charge $10 to officiate the wedding.

For me, I prefer cut above pawn. No BS, clean pawn shop, they dont care how you pay and no silly fees - $25 covers transfer and bgc. I used to prefer Tigard Pawn 4 more which is the same price but they only accept cash, are a bit nosey, and require you bring your own COLORED photo copy of your drivers license otherwise they charge you an extra $3. If I dont feel like travelling then money market pawn shop in Portland is a good alternative for $30 which covers bgc and transfer fee. They do charge you like 3 % more now if you use card which I think is stupid.

My daughter's FFL in Arkansas required a COLOR photocopy of my DL... weird. Why color?

BTW it costs a biz 3% to get paid for your credit card charge. Some businesses eat the cost, some don't. But why is it stupid for them to recover their costs? You think the things you buy don't include the manufacturers costs, etc? For instance, the new car tax WILL get passed on to the customer... is that stupid, or just how things work?

I consider CC fee's to be just like those little car dealer stickers they put on new cars with the "Fair Market Adjustment"...

MSRP and factory kickbacks already include all the reasonable dealer profit for automobiles. For firearms, the seller has set the price, it should be inclusive...

My daughter's FFL in Arkansas required a COLOR photocopy of my DL... weird. Why color?

BTW it costs a biz 3% to get paid for your credit card charge. Some businesses eat the cost, some don't. But why is it stupid for them to recover their costs? You think the things you buy don't include the manufacturers costs, etc? For instance, the new car tax WILL get passed on to the customer... is that stupid, or just how things work?
Its just my opinion that its stupid. No need to elaborate beyond that. Hence why I personally prefer to go to another shop that doesnt charge the extra fee. Do whatever floats your boat.

Who me? I don't have a boat. I had to sell out because the evil oil company corporations keep exploiting my use of evil fossil fuels in an effort to make gazillions before the sources run out, causing smog deaths, global warming, and people like me to no longer be able to afford to go fishing.

PS: A forum member gave me a good tip - if you ever go to cut above pawn there is a small mexican bakery across the street that has excellent pastries for good prices. My wife likes to come with me when I do my business so knowing shes going to go there before/after we visit the pawn shop at least keeps her happy. :cool:
Thanks for that tip!
I'm still deciding on any possible FFL for myself, but currently buying new.

Who me? I don't have a boat. I had to sell out because the evil oil company corporations keep exploiting my use of evil fossil fuels in an effort to make gazillions before the sources run out, causing smog deaths, global warming, and people like me to no longer be able to afford to go fishing.
You forgot the part about saving the oil reserves for the global ice age and eventual Third World War... it's about more than that hippie crap! LoL

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top