JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was walkin Fred the other day and Rott went running loose across the street in font of us. Fred goes nuts ( Silky) and the rott turns and starts running back after Fred. Thought we were both dead:p. I yelled " YOU STOP " and dang if the rot didn't pull up right there and that was it.
Funny. They are def scary. They are great listeners well when they want to be!

I've always kind of wanted a Rott but I think they're too smart for me. Most people don't realize they were originally bred to be herding dogs. That's what makes them such great protectors. Of you watch how they interact with strangers, especially in the presence of children, you can see it. Their actions are more protect than attack. Great breed!

Dogs are great!
Big or little we have had both.
Sheba ( Shepard mix ) and Duke ( Malamute) were excellent dogs ... both great with kids and our cats.
Our newest dog Watson is quite the clown.
Andy
DSC00383.JPG
DSC03018.JPG

Completely useless comfort seeking missle. 20171003_172227.jpg 60 pounds of simpleton that appears to be mostly Pit. Sweet as can be but not super bright when it comes to general reasoning. Great at learning tricks though. Also an incredible escape artist, but that's offset by (and a result of) really high anxiety. If she's a proper example of the breed I'm not sure I'd get another. Still love her but she sure tries my patience.

IMG_1847.JPG
His name is Angus. He's a 5 month old English Shepherd, and is very smart.
He is 32 lbs today, but should grow to 45-50. We lost our beloved Queensland a year and a half ago after 13 years and just weren't ready for another pup until a few months ago.

My wife is an excellent trainer, and this little guy knows how to sit,stay, ring a bell to go outside, go get whatever toy we tell him to, and lots more. She's also desensitized him to lots of loud noises (one of the drawbacks to our rescued Queensland was that he would run at the sound of fireworks or gunfire. Not this little guy).

He's always eager to please, and LOVES people.

He greets me every morning with a wagging tail, and a desire to play.:)

Boerboel. My avatar is a picture of my male at about 14 weeks. 18 months now and 155lbs. Also called a South African Mastiff. Seem to be combination of Olde English Mastiff, boxer and Rhodesian Ridgeback. Protect farms in South Africa from . . . apparently everything on four legs or two.

Currently we have a 5 yr old German Shepard. She is a great dog and very protective, almost too protective. She walks nicely with just me but if one of the kids is with us she won't let anyone near them and doesn't like other dogs around our kids. Nice to know we have such a dog at home when I'm away traveling though. I've always loved German Shepards but she will be our last for a while, she is deathly afraid of fireworks and thunder, and with a range a 1/2 mile away, with northwest weather and those GS ears she is a mess.

He is quite the charmer he is.;)
Yep, Barney really does have a thing for the younger kiddies. Being a 13" Beagle they're more his size. When he says Grace and they giggle I kinda think he's giggling right along with them!

His picture in the GunNews is him with one little girl who had come back to visit him 7 times! :):):)

View attachment 395358
His name is Angus. He's a 5 month old English Shepherd, and is very smart.
He is 32 lbs today, but should grow to 45-50. We lost our beloved Queensland a year and a half ago after 13 years and just weren't ready for another pup until a few months ago.

My wife is an excellent trainer, and this little guy knows how to sit,stay, ring a bell to go outside, go get whatever toy we tell him to, and lots more. She's also desensitized him to lots of loud noises (one of the drawbacks to our rescued Queensland was that he would run at the sound of fireworks or gunfire. Not this little guy).

He's always eager to please, and LOVES people.

He greets me every morning with a wagging tail, and a desire to play.:)

Wait... you aren't my friend's dad are you? Do you have a bunch of chickens named after different cheeses?

My wife and I have an English Shepard too, he's awesome.

Wait... you aren't my friend's dad are you? Do you have a bunch of chickens named after different cheeses?

My wife and I have an English Shepard too, he's awesome.

Don't think so. We have a few chickens, but they're not named for cheeses.
But, when the kids were little (years ago), we raised meat birds and named them "Fajitas, Fricassee, fried, " and other similar names:rolleyes:

These are two of my three coyote killers. They have killed more than 99% of varmit hunters on the planet. The rough coated one is a Pyrenees cross, the smoother coated one is one of my purebred Anatolian Shepard (Akbash) dogs. They (and my much larger younger Akbash male) hunt coyotes, cats and lions behind the house every day. We have hundreds of thousands of acres uninhabited land behind our ranch house. If they hear a coyote at night they have to go hunt it. They Frequently come home bloody but have never been injured. We love most dogs. They are a gift to humankind. 72F34692-B595-41BD-93B7-4FAEE16CA39A.jpeg

We adopted this pup last week. We were told by the hippie stoners we got him from that he is 12 weeks old, but when I took him to the vet yesterday they estimated he's closer to 5 months. So far he is fitting in with our family well and has even demonstrated protective tendencies towards my young boys. Not a bad thing, I suppose. AC1CAAD6-33E9-4E3E-8A95-C54B8BF91C4E.jpeg 1E42CD6F-1C93-4ABA-A682-816950DDDE8B.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top