JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I currently have an 06 Honda TRX 450R Quad, and i decided Id like to get a dirt bike as well... im just not sure what to get... Im not racing or anything just getting it to roam the hill n what not... The best choice i can think of is a Honda CRF 250 im not planning on buying new, and used i find them as low as 2k for an 05 or so... any thoughts?

Not sure how big you are (tall or weight), I'm 5'9" and 160ish. I had (circa 1990) a Honda XR200 (4 cycle) that I learned how to ride on and then moved to a Kawasaki KDX 200 (2 cycle), which was a very forgiving 2 cycle with a wide power band. I tried to ride a Honda CR125 once and nearly bubblegum myself when I hit the powerband on that machine.

I had a blast on both of the above mentioned bikes. Mostly trail riding with friends. Always fun to stop in a mud pie puddle with your buddy behind you and then gun it ! :s0155:

Tobin&Craig.jpg

I still have me 1982 Yamaha IT 465 2 stroke in the garage. All my friends were scared to ride it. There is just something about riding a 2 stroke on the pipe that a 4 stroke will never give you.

I understand some engineer rider types in Portland have hacked together some electric motocross bikes that outperform any gas engine made on a motocross track. Should make for some great indoor racing once they work out the bugs. Could you imagine some of the wildlife you could sneak up on in the woods?

having ridden in the NW most of my life and most of my time spent trying to ride trails on a 2 stroke race bike my advice would be

A newer enduro style water cooled 4 stroke WR250f or a CRF250X because the flywheel weights and tuning make them easy to ride and they have lights

OR

an air cooled 4 stroke like the XR 250/400 TTR 250 or DRZ 250/400 ease of maintenece and they can even come with electric start

UNLESS you are riding only in the sand then get the biggest effin 2 stroke that you can throw your leg over

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top