Best Dirt Bike/size for just having some fun..

Reactions
So I currently have an 06 Honda TRX 450R Quad, and i decided Id like to get a dirt bike as well... im just not sure what to get... Im not racing or anything just getting it to roam the hill n what not... The best choice i can think of is a Honda CRF 250 im not planning on buying new, and used i find them as low as 2k for an 05 or so... any thoughts?

John Gault

Reactions
Not sure how big you are (tall or weight), I'm 5'9" and 160ish. I had (circa 1990) a Honda XR200 (4 cycle) that I learned how to ride on and then moved to a Kawasaki KDX 200 (2 cycle), which was a very forgiving 2 cycle with a wide power band. I tried to ride a Honda CR125 once and nearly bubblegum myself when I hit the powerband on that machine.

I had a blast on both of the above mentioned bikes. Mostly trail riding with friends. Always fun to stop in a mud pie puddle with your buddy behind you and then gun it ! :s0155:

Tobin&Craig.jpg

Siglvr

Reactions
I understand some engineer rider types in Portland have hacked together some electric motocross bikes that outperform any gas engine made on a motocross track. Should make for some great indoor racing once they work out the bugs. Could you imagine some of the wildlife you could sneak up on in the woods?

Reactions
having ridden in the NW most of my life and most of my time spent trying to ride trails on a 2 stroke race bike my advice would be

A newer enduro style water cooled 4 stroke WR250f or a CRF250X because the flywheel weights and tuning make them easy to ride and they have lights

OR

an air cooled 4 stroke like the XR 250/400 TTR 250 or DRZ 250/400 ease of maintenece and they can even come with electric start

UNLESS you are riding only in the sand then get the biggest effin 2 stroke that you can throw your leg over

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course Webinar (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Washington, USA
Rimfire Challenge Feb 13th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome store
    been shopping here for years now, so has my grandfather. they provide excellent services
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Vendor
    I have not been to the shop yet but have purchased from him online, and all I can say is PERFECT! You could not ask for a nicer, more helpful guy...
  • Paul A Martin Historical Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great shop, selection and atmosphere
    One of the better firearm shop experiences I’ve had, Paul is very patient and helpful. Definitely going to be a repeat customer even though it’s...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Service! A+
    Steve is a very nice guy and very easy to work with. I've done business with him a few times and will continue to.
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great guy!
    Steve is a great guy to deal with!
Top Bottom