JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My son and I were hanging out in a gun store (before the private sale BGC was required). A man came in with a bolt-action barreled action, wanting to know what it was and what it was worth. My son identified it as a SMLE No. 1 Mk. 3. The guy asked the gun store owner if he would buy it, and got "no" for an answer. The customer gave the SMLE to my son for identifying it. Of course, he was too young to "own" it, so I guess I qualify as the "owner" now. :p

Smith & Wesson model 2 for $89. In 38 s&w
S&W model 1. $150
Asa Waters 1844 ~$400

Won a Blackhawk from Lucky Sporting goods after buying a few deeply discounted Rugers

I bought a Ruger Single Six with an aluminum cylinder at a garage sale for $350 and sold it for $1400. It was collectible because they only made them for a short time. The cylinders didn't hold up so I couldn't have shot it. I didn't know what it was worth when I bought it.

On my 21st bday (long time ago in 2001) I was being driven around to some local watering holes when we walked past Wild Bull's in Molalla. I went in for fun and left with a S&W 629 classic for $350 out the door. I didn't even know that I was looking! He had it on consignment for a friend. I sold it several years later for close to $800. I wish I had it back, I'd pay full price too!
<blink>

Another good one, for me that is.

Several years ago while at a Gunshow in Redmond, OR I was walking around and a guy had a SG on his shoulder with a 'for sale' flag in the barrel.

I stopped him and looked at it and it was a Remington 'Special Field' with the original Rem Chokes and in beautiful condition. He wanted $200 bucks for it. I handed $200 bucks over quickly and it went on my shoulder.

These are very collectible now and garnering much more than the $200 I paid for it!

At a gun buy back in SE Portland a few years ago, a woman walks up the sidewalk with a large cardboard box in her arms.
I asked her if I could see what she was bringing into the buy back and when she opened the box there was a minty vintage Ruger Redhawk .44 Magnum in a cowboy holster.
She took one look at the long lines and asked me if I would pay what they were giving out in Fred Meyer gift cards.
I handed her double the gift card value and she then told me that there was some ammo in her cars trunk and I was welcome to it.
There was 10 full boxes of ammo, all factory made.
My cost was $100.00
"Allah favors the honest man"...

Another good one, for me that is.

Several years ago while at a Gunshow in Redmond, OR I was walking around and a guy had a SG on his shoulder with a 'for sale' flag in the barrel.

I stopped him and looked at it and it was a Remington 'Special Field' with the original Rem Chokes and in beautiful condition. He wanted $200 bucks for it. I handed $200 bucks over quickly and it went on my shoulder.

These are very collectible now and garnering much more than the $200 I paid for it!
I have a remington 1100 sporting I'm trying to sell right now. Beautiful guns!

I got my 20 ga. in trade for helping a co-worker move some furniture for about a 1/2 hour.
I did have to send it to a smith for repairs, but it's in like-new shape (made in 1981) and shoots really well once I put a "rubber" butt pad on it.

What's the best deal you ever got on a firearm from a shop or a stranger (free, or deals from friends/family don't count)?

I bought a Smith 65-3 from a pawn shop for $260 out the door. But the best deal I think I ever got was a Ruger Redhawk, 7.5" stainless 44 magnum, with scope mount, two basic but acceptable scopes, a hunting holster rig, and 2 or 3 boxes of ammo for $395. Both of these were about 10 years ago.

What are your best scores?
There were so many but I have to say the $75 Colt Revolver was the best price paid to value wise.

Recently bought a sig sp2022 off gunbroker for $305. Which was a nice deal but with shipping $35 and transfer $30 it came to $370. Still the gun looks barely used and seen many actions ending above $400+.

I bought one of the sig p250 pistols back when they first came out in 2009 for I think like $300-$350. Which was a bargain but at the time I didn't care for the dao and sold it to a friend. Probably should've kept it.

$Free. Romanian SKS fresh from the crate in 1996.

My CO-worker in had bought three "three packs" of them for some crazy per-three deal from yrs earlier. In 1996 asked if I had one, and I said no, so he just gave me one. Still have it today complete with the "tent stake" and little cleaning kit in the butt.

$455 total for a brand new Mossberg 590A1 18.5" on Gun Broker. Those things are going for $625-$650 all day long on there. I happen to see the auction for this one early one morning 35 minutes before it expired, and I think I bid twice. Won it at $430, and $25 shipping. That's the best deal I've ever gotten for a new firearm.

The other was a gift that a buddy of mine sent me via mail: a LSI Puma chambered in .454 Casull, way back in the mid-2000s. I still have that, and it's a blast to shoot. Literally. A very nice "vacuum cleaner" indeed lol.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top