JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bought a Colt Python off a guy for $600 once.

I remember when a blue Python was $800 and a nickle one was $1000, musta been the late 80's. That was a HUGE amount of money for me, but if I'd bought one then and still had it, I'd be bragging on how cheap I got it! (inflation be damned!)

Hey, the year I graduated from High School, a Colt Python cost $125.00 and a Smith and Wesson Model 19 was $110.00. FWIW, I'm a Smith and Wesson Fan.:):):)

Can't remember the exact dollars exchanged, (wasn't much) but probably the best deal I ever got was a #4MKII made in 1948 by Fazakerley with a H&H-made barrel. It is the most accurate mil-surp Ive ever had. I was apprised of the barrel by an old former military armorer who ran a gun-smithing shop in Colorado for many years. Still have the rifle and a goodly amount of the ammo that came with it. Lee-Enfields were inexpensive, back in the day...

Can't remember the exact dollars exchanged, (wasn't much) but probably the best deal I ever got was a #4MKII made in 1948 by Fazakerley with a H&H-made barrel. It is the most accurate mil-surp Ive ever had. I was apprised of the barrel by an old former military armorer who ran a gun-smithing shop in Colorado for many years. Still have the rifle and a goodly amount of the ammo that came with it. Lee-Enfields were inexpensive, back in the day...

My Dad's No4Mk1T was a rifle that was "fitted" by H&H, or so the story goes. Does your rifle have the scope mount bases or holes for mounting?

My Dad's No4Mk1T was a rifle that was "fitted" by H&H, or so the story goes. Does your rifle have the scope mount bases or holes for mounting?
I can't say for sure at this point, it has been years since I dug it out of storage. I will do so- time to crack off a few rounds anyway- and I will get back to you on that... now Im curious about that too.. gives me a reason to set up the ol Lyman and load up a few. I don't recall any holes for mounting a scope, and certainly no bases came with it. The British scoped rifles are to die for, as they say...

The British scoped rifles are to die for, as they say...

About 30 years ago I went hunting with a friend, who borrowed his dad's Enfield.
That was a nice rifle!
As quick and handy as a Winchester lever action, but it shot a much more powerful round.
His didn't have a scope but they did come with some nice peep sights.
I wanted one, after seeing that one, but then remembered I had use of my brother's 7mm any time I wanted back then, so the feeling passed pretty quick.

Dean

That was me that sold it. Yes it was a great deal. The guy that bought it is giving it to his dad as a present. I'm glad it found a good home.

Norm

Thanks again Norm!

He finally gets it next month! It's been nearly impossible not to spoil the surprise and gift it to him early, although it's allowed me to add a set of Howard Light muffs, Sling, Ammo cases, etc to his gift =).

Mossberg 500 w/ 20" barrel, high vis front sights, and ghost ring rear sights for $299 w/ free shipping.

Thanks to Reddit's /r/gundeals.

MS50567_00.jpg

A friend gifted me a WWII CZ24 with capture paperwork in 90% condition. Said he didn't want guns in the house anymore. I sold it to a very happy collector for enough to keep me in brass and lead for a good long time. Still kinda miss it, but I didn't get nearly the joy that he did from it. I'm ok with that.

When I was in the Army, stationed at Ft. Polk, I loaned a set of nice home speakers to a buddy. When he got ready to change duty stations, I asked him about the speakers and he said one of his so-called buddies stole them. He said, I don't have a lot of money but I do have a VW Bug, with the top chopped off and no title and $100! I took the deal! My buddies and I drove that thing all over the back woods in SLeesville, LA. After 6 months or so, I went down to a guy in town that always had bugs and asked him if he wanted to deal on a bug with no title. His eyes lit up and asked, are you into guns? Well, that depends on what you have! He goes inside brings back a large pistol case with an Intratec .22 Scorpion pistol and said I'll give you that with $200, and I was thinking yes, but in my hesitation he said, How about $400! LOL I said "you have a deal!" My buddies and I ran 1000s of rounds through that thing and I ended up trading it to a pawn shop with $400 bucks for a Ruger .220 Swift with scope and a rock chucker press. I've never made any deals anywhere close to that since and that was 1990ish.

Don't have any of it any more!

Terry

I bought a used Ruger P89 for $225 with 6 spare mags from a gun shop. 9 months later I swapped the P89 and 6 mags to the same gun shop straight across for a used Beretta 92 INOX and 2 mags. I still own the Beretta INOX.

During that 9 months Clinton was elected and pushed through the high capacity magazine ban. The dealer probably sold the magazines for $125 each then threw the P89 in the trash.

download.jpeg

But I can participate too. Says no free deals... but that SKS my boss bought the 3 pack for $99 in early 90's at a CA GUN SHOW to boot, just gave me one.

Actual buying? Traded a MT Bike ($1k on a good day) for an OEM in the box unfired Springfield M14 "tanker" short heavy barrel with a Springfield installed Chote folding stock. Then like an idiot I traded it yrs later for cash and an AR. That thing was painful to shoot, however.

Several years ago put a Kent Banjo up FS on CL worth probably $75 - and maybe a $100 on a good day.

Guy emails and asks if "I am interested in guns" and gives me his #.

I call he tells me he has a Taurus 605 LNIB so I tell him to meet me at my work parking lot to discuss.

Ok knowing we were 'upside down' I had $100 cash in my pocket.

Guy shows up and we meet he hands me the 605, box, paperwork and his original receipt and I hand him the banjo.

We are both looking the items over and I had been wanting a snub of some sort anyway and the Taurus was very nice.

Ok so he puts the banjo back in the case, moves it to his front seat and comes back with an extended hand and says 'lets do it' - to which I ask 'This is what you want to do then', to which he again said yes and said the banjo is what he had been looking for.

I feel I gave him every opportunity to counter offer but he was happy with this!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top