JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hm, I just had one a couple days ago. Traded my Sig 220 for a lightly used Gen 4 Glock 17 that came with two Taran Tactical +5 baseplate equipped mags plus the standard 17 rounder, AND $250 cash. I couldn't turn that one down. Nice guy who got the Sig, hope he enjoys it.

Few years back when .22lr was at its peak, buddy of mine kept bugging me to sell him some. Bricks were going for $60-$80. Ridiculous. I didn't need cash and felt bad selling for inflated price, but no way was I giving it up for what I paid etc.
Guy was one of those hard bargainers that liked to brag about how far he pushed deals etc. (real bubblegum) I said I'm open to trades. He just bought a Ruger 22/45 lite, that of course, was another .22 he had no ammo for. Someone on line had one for sale for like $199. I told him I'd trade retail for retail. He bought his for ~$350.
I was like too bad, $200 value to me, here's the ad. .22 valued at $60 a box so the trade was 4 Bricks of .22 for a NIB .22/45 lite, holster and a Benchmade fixed blade for the change.
Just cause of the bubblegum he usually was, I left the $12.99 price tags on them. :p
Don't ask about the AR I got from him when 5.56 peaked at ~$1 a round lol.

central point pawn shop, looking at a mosin, guy behind the counter call is a "run of the mill gun"
but it did not look like the other 5 he had sitting there so I ask "how much otd cash" his reply "$96"
(this was in 2004) I says "ok" took home a nice finland made M28/30 worth about $600 at tat time

2007 ish nother Mosin a guy wants to sell I give it a look over and ask what's your lowest (he was asking $250 and the bore was a crap shoot with a lot of fouling)? $175 was the agreed on price take it home use the electrolysis method to clean the bore,
another nice M28/30 worth another $600

Bought what turned out to be and M1Garand at a garage sale 40years ago $150.00
recently at another G-sale stumbled into 22lr for 5.00 a brick 500 rds he had 6 bricks got it all and a rcbs Rock chucker combo 10.00

Last Edited:
Last Fall, Field & Stream had a sale on Marlin 1895 Big Loop Guide Gun in 45-70. $599 with a FREE Marlin Mdl 60 .22!! Also came with a $50 store credit. Their register screwed up and printed out TWO $50 store credits!! :s0004:

One of the strangest gun deals ever - traded a moped for a almost new Ruger Redhawk in about 1985. The cost to me was $200, which is what my wife paid for the moped (long funny story). Short story - wife bought it to keep my Harley Superglide company during the winter months.

Stoeger - .410 Double Barrel and box of shells. (used)
Ruger Vaquero .357 with leather flower stamped holster/ammo belt. (like new)
S&W 19-6 Snubnose .357 with 2 speed loaders (less than 200 rounds through it)

$500

Last Edited:
I usually just lurk around here, but I have to comment on this one. About 15 years ago, our local hardware store (which has a gun counter) advertised Lee-Enfield No. 4 Mk 2 rifles for $80.00. The one (yes, one!) that I bought is absolutely beautiful! Oh, I do kick myself for not buying 20 or so...

Griff

Bought a MAK-90 from a co-worker for $5. He wanted it gone cause of his kids and was going to give it to me for free but I managed to convince him to take $5. It was a stamped square back receiver witha tiny bit of rust on it. Turned around and sold the gun for $700 a year later.

Bought a MAK-90 from a co-worker for $5. He wanted it gone cause of his kids and was going to give it to me for free but I managed to convince him to take $5. It was a stamped square back receiver witha tiny bit of rust on it. Turned around and sold the gun for $700 a year later.
Should have kept it, unless you bought something better with the cash :cool:. Other than the thumbhole stock on mine, it is a shooter.

I stopped by the LGS about 5 years ago and they had just put a stainless Ruger Mini-14 with a folding stock up on the wall. LGS owner told me that it was brought in from an estate sale. Apprently the kids brought their deceased father's firearms in to sell them on consignment with the intent of "just getting rid of them". I was happy to take this Mini-14 off their hands for $350.00 out the door. The sale also included three 30 round magazines stored in a nice heavy duty army surplus canvas carrier and one brand new 20 round Ruger mag.

I found an almost perfect Ruger Security Six for $300.00 at one of the Washington Arms Collectors shows a few years back. It came with the original matching box and all of the OEM goodies that were included with the gun when it was new. I bought it from a private seller before I-594, so a BGC was not required (WAC member to WAC member).

The gun library at my local Cabela's is also a place where I have found some pretty good deals. Two "like new" SP 101's for under $400.00 each and they both came with nice leather holsers and a few speed loaders.

mini.jpg

I have never gotten a screaming deal on one gun, but I always get good deals.

Vp9 for $450 + 4 extra mag rebate.

Picked up my shotgun and carry gun, both on closeout from sportsmans for 200-300 below MSRP.

Years ago a co-worker came up to me to ask if I wanted to buy a gun. My rely, of course was "Sure! Whatcha got?" It was a 7.62 X 54R Russian rifle and he had two boxes of Hansen and two boxes of Norma ammo with it. I asked him now much and he said "Tell ya what... just pay me what the ammo comes to and I'll throw the gun in with it." Breaking-wrist-to-get-wallet time!!! I later gave it to my grandson for his first deer season. I told him to try both kinds of ammo and use the one getting the best group for his hunt. I also bought a spam can of military ammo to use for practice. He got his first deer with that gun. Not bad for a gun that I had $0.00 in! I was thrilled he got his first deer with it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top