JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
--I insist on a "Right Of First Offer" clause in the contract.
Are You trying to say "Right of 1St Return"? Where you would like to be the first person to buy the Gun back if it ever comes back on the Market. I once sold a Kustom Detonics Pistol to the Major Detonics Collector in the USA. The Deal I made was that if He ever sold that Gun I would have to be given the first opportunity to buy it back at the Original price I had Sold it to Him. That way He got a Great Deal and when I got to buy it back I ALSO got a Great Deal.

True story, GI Joe's had a Weatherby Ultra Lightweight in .30-06 on the rack next to a .270, also UL. The .270 was priced at $1175, but the .30-06 was $575. I argued with the clerk, it's the same rifle. Nope, the .270 is an Ultra Lightweight, the -06 is just a Mark V. So I went back the next day and bought it.

Beep, the price came up $1175, with the $575 hang tag still in the trigger guard. So I paid $575.

Funny thing, I never saw that clerk again.

P

Are You trying to say "Right of 1St Return"? Where you would like to be the first person to buy the Gun back if it ever comes back on the Market. I once sold a Kustom Detonics Pistol to the Major Detonics Collector in the USA. The Deal I made was that if He ever sold that Gun I would have to be given the first opportunity to buy it back at the Original price I had Sold it to Him. That way He got a Great Deal and when I got to buy it back I ALSO got a Great Deal.
We're thinking the same thing... just calling it by different terms. :)

Someone got a killer deal on this forum for an sr556 with eotech sight and magnifier. Come on, come out of the shadows and brag :cool:.
That was me that sold it. Yes it was a great deal. The guy that bought it is giving it to his dad as a present. I'm glad it found a good home. I need to lighten up my stuff and find a home for a few more firearms... and will give great deals. An 11-87 Special purpose, a S&W 3906, Browning Safari grade mauser 7mm mag and more including a like new Browning 1910 in .380. I have a killer FWB 127 .22 air rifle that is crazy accurate. One hole at 10-15 yards. It has resulted in the death of many rats and a few larger critters. I may sell it--or not. I have a well used, somewhat beat up Franchi 12 gauge shotgun with 2 barrels. It has a Browning long action, like a humpback Browning. Many ducks fell to it. Tough and reliable. $100.00, OBO. Some of this stuff is in the classifieds. If anyone has any wants, let me know.

Norm

Best gun deal I made? About 15 or so years ago, I paid $800 for a stainless steel, 6-inch barrel, with original wood factory grips, with few signs of use (not to say it's totally unfired, but it was really clean) Colt Python. I thought that was a lot of money in those days... I still have it, and no, it's not for sale....

Inherited weps from father, uncle and grandfather are always the best deals ever, of course.

As far as a purchase goes, it would be the $40 I spent last century on a barely used 9-shot H&R double action .22 revolver. It's not as accurate as a Ruger Mark-anything or Woodsman, but it's the go-to piece for teaching newbs about shooting, reloading, speed-loading (yes, HKS makes one), cleaning, all of it.

If it were a motor vehicle, mine would have a million miles on the odometer.

Several years ago I got a rifle for a N-scale 1980's train in trade. It was good fore me as it sat in the cases since then only used a couple times. It was for a Savage 17HMR thumbhole stock, staineless steel, Bull barrel it was new and still had stickers on it came with case and I think ammo. Quite the nail driver. Similar to this pic. es%2Farmslist%2Fuploads%2Fposts%2F2016%2F03%2F24%2F5303569_01_savage_93r17_btvss_heavy_barre_640.jpg

One of my best has got to be the Colt SAA made in 1898 that I picked up at a yard sale for $175. "Book" value now is about $2500. I also picked up a Pre-war M70 Winchester one time at a pawn shop for $200. It was in 30/06 "Gov't" caliber so they thought it was just an old milsurp rifle. And on 3 separate occasions have picked up for unknown reasons, model 12 Winchester factory trap guns in the $250-275 range at pawn shops. Also a NIB Colt SAA nickel with ivory grips. They thought the grips were in their words "just cheap imitations". About a $800 option now. Even a blind dog finds a bone once in a while.

In 1984 I bought a 1943 SA M-1 Garand for $165 from the DCM. The price
included shipping write to my door via US mail!! It was used but barrel and
throat measured new. All original parts.:rolleyes: Early uncut oprod, locking bar rear sight
and early gas plug.:D:D:D

Just out of high school in 1998 I bought a mint condition 30 year old Savage 99 with beautiful honey colored wood in 308 with a few hundred rounds for $125...At one point while still young, dumb and broke I sold the thing...Anyone who is about to mention their great deal from a young guy with a lever action in St Helens years ago, please private message me.:(

Years ago I was visiting Pike Place Market downtown Seattle, walked by a pawn shop, Palace Pawn and Jewelry, figured what the heck. Under glass was a nice condition S&W pre-14 38 special revolver, ask $350. Walked out with it for $300 incl tax. I realize not everyone is a S&W wheel gun aficionado, but I am :)

It's funny how some people are so fixated on a great deal that the "deal" seems to take a life of its own, and an importance beyond mere financial savings. You see guys at gun shows who spend tremendous time and effort finding the very best deal on what they want, and negotiate down to the bare-bones bottom dollar. Then they leave in their $50k truck and spend $80 on dinner on the way home. :/
One of my closest friends is this way with old car parts. We're both into that stuff, but he's like a friggin beagle after a rabbit when it comes to "the hunt". He's entertaining, at least.

Years ago I was visiting Pike Place Market downtown Seattle, walked by a pawn shop, Palace Pawn and Jewelry, figured what the heck. Under glass was a nice condition S&W pre-14 38 special revolver, ask $350. Walked out with it for $300 incl tax. I realize not everyone is a S&W wheel gun aficionado, but I am :)

Sometime in the early 90's I found a pre Model 15 at Larry's Sports Center. A 5 screw 38 Special with Combat trigger, hammer and adjustable sights. No box or anything, but the speculation was that it had never been shot. To this day I believe that, but will spare the details. I paid $225 I believe, and they threw in a gun rug that I still have.

My first handgun was a Dan Wesson model 15 .357 magnum with a 15" barrel. I think it was around '89 or '90, $250. Dang is wish I hadn't sold that gun.

Growing up my dad had a Winchester 30-30, made in 1952 I believe, I loved looking at it because dad had bought me a BB gun that looked just like the Winchester. Anyway, when I was in high school dad needed money and sold it to my brother in law, I was crushed. After I was married with kids, I always wheeled and dealed and had picked up a old nasty sporterized 30-06in a trade. One day my brother in law told he wanted a bolt action hunting rifle , I told him I had one and I was looking for a lever action. So I got my dads 30-30 back and now it's sitting in my safe ready for my son and his son who was just born 2 months ago, one of my best deals!!!!!

When I was a younger lad, there were pawn shops all up and down 1rst ave. Lots of deals to be had....alas, most of those places are gone now. =(

Dean

When I was a younger lad, there were pawn shops all up and down 1rst ave. Lots of deals to be had....alas, most of those places are gone now. =(

Dean

They are gone Dean. My wife and I went back to the market about a year ago, bought a few things, then decided to stop by Palace pawn since we were there anyway. The human excrement at the entrance changed my mind. I know, when you gotta got you gotta go, but really this is the how it is in that area. It will be a cold day in hell before I go back there. Add in the fact that if I did make it into the store and found a gun I liked, Im the one who has to submit to a BG check. The longer I live is the more I'm convinced the tail wags the dog these days.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top