JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking at buying a rifle safe that will hold around 6-8 rifles comfortably (not jammed in there). I want something more solid than just a cabinet and I'd like it to have some form of electronic opening device (pinpad, biometric, etc) with a backup key opening option. Shelf for storage on top would be good. Something not too large and cumbersome as I'll be moving it upstairs with one other guy. Interior light would be nice but not a requirement. Any good deals out there or best bang for the buck? I'm willing to wait for the upcoming holiday specials if it is worthwhile.

The Sentry safes at Bi-mart are reasonable and you can get everything you listed for about $300.

Yea, there are better and more expensive safes if you want to pay for it but for bang for the buck for a cheap safe they aren't all that bad.

I got 8 rifles (and long shotguns) in a 10 rifle safe and it has a top shelf.

They go on sale around Father's Day for sure but not sure when else but they have General 20% off all sentry items and that would help.

I needed one for a small area in my room and it's been fine.

The Sentry safes at Bi-mart are reasonable and you can get everything you listed for about $300.

Yea, there are better and more expensive safes if you want to pay for it but for bang for the buck for a cheap safe they aren't all that bad.

I got 8 rifles (and long shotguns) in a 10 rifle safe and it has a top shelf.

They go on sale around Father's Day for sure but not sure when else but they have General 20% off all sentry items and that would help.

I needed one for a small area in my room and it's been fine.
I'm not quite as concerned about theft since it will be upstairs in a tucked away area which would make it less accessible. I'll probably mount it to the wall and it will be behind my bedroom door which make it difficult to get to. Obviously if anyone is determined enough they'd get to it but they'd have to carry a fully loaded safe down stairs and that's not going to be easy. It'll keep the little one's out of reach of them so that's very important.

I have only been able to find smaller Sentry safes that wouldn't fit rifles. By any chance do you have a model# on yours I could use to look up?

1B850D11-7895-4E92-B3FD-4C0548543D08.jpeg jumping in:
i purchased a stack-on SS-22-MB-E ..........22 gun ( but not really,, maybe 14 with scopes )
from bimart in april, has all the features you are looking for . not the top of the line safe, but seems fairly sturdy. As sturdy as my liberty safe ..paid 349.00 for it. 2 backup keys, electronic key pad, weighs about 250 lbs. I am still on the original battery. since April.

Last Edited:
If you have a tractor supply local they sell these Winchester safes. I would suggest buying bigger than you need because it doesn't seem to take long to fill these up. I have no personal experience with this safe but what I do like about it is that the hinges are external. That way the door is easily removed and set aside for when you move it up stairs. My safe is twice this size and I easily moved it up my stairs by myself with an appliance dolly in two trips, then just use the dolly to lift the door and line the hinges up.

Winchester TS-9-EFL, 10 Gun Safe at Tractor Supply Co.

I'm looking at buying a rifle safe that will hold around 6-8 rifles comfortably (not jammed in there). I want something more solid than just a cabinet and I'd like it to have some form of electronic opening device (pinpad, biometric, etc) with a backup key opening option. Shelf for storage on top would be good. Something not too large and cumbersome as I'll be moving it upstairs with one other guy. Interior light would be nice but not a requirement. Any good deals out there or best bang for the buck? I'm willing to wait for the upcoming holiday specials if it is worthwhile.

I have one of these downstairs on a cement slab. Winchester 24 Long Gun Capacity Safe, Granite, Electronic Lock, 45 Minute Fire rating at 1,400 deg. at Tractor Supply Co.
This was the closest store to you I could find in the event you want to see it. I dont really have anything bad to say about it. The inside is very configurable with adjustable shelving and divider. It has holes in the floor for the installation of a dehumidifier, and came with a mounting kit to anchor it.

~Whitney

I have only been able to find smaller Sentry safes that wouldn't fit rifles. By any chance do you have a model# on yours I could use to look up?

My mix up :oops:

It's the Stack On's that they carry - I seem to get those two mixed up since I have one of each.

I'm pretty sure I have the 10 rifle safe.

Sorry about that.

Define what you think a safe is. Most modern safes can be cut open with an angle grinder in about 10 minutes. The best safes are old safes you find on Craigslist that weigh a ton. The sell cheap, normally don't look good and are hard to move.

Define what you think a safe is. Most modern safes can be cut open with an angle grinder in about 10 minutes. The best safes are old safes you find on Craigslist that weigh a ton. The sell cheap, normally don't look good and are hard to move.

He stated he needed one that he and another guy have to move upstairs and around a door so not worried as much about break in durable as much as lighter and able to keep the kids out IGN the guns

If you have a tractor supply local they sell these Winchester safes. I would suggest buying bigger than you need because it doesn't seem to take long to fill these up. I have no personal experience with this safe but what I do like about it is that the hinges are external. That way the door is easily removed and set aside for when you move it up stairs. My safe is twice this size and I easily moved it up my stairs by myself with an appliance dolly in two trips, then just use the dolly to lift the door and line the hinges up.

Winchester TS-9-EFL, 10 Gun Safe at Tractor Supply Co.
I need a smaller for one for upstairs. I will have a larger safe for storage for downstairs. I do know what you mean about filling them up!:)

This is going to be in my bedroom. I'll have a more secure safe downstairs. Not that I want this one to be easily cut into but they're going to have to pros to be able to get into the safe in its location and out before anyone notices.

A safe dealer in Vancouver has a scratch & dent discounted Tracker TS08 safe for sale.
It's on Craigslist. It's a dial lock, but he might have something else in your price range.

00I0I_6uedfPsfGKn_600x450.jpg

00t0t_fdJaYWXnTAv_600x450.jpg

You can see the ad on Portland Craigslist. The combination dial can be key locked for easy entry.

• Luke (360) 213-0363

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top