JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking to buy one of the large 50 gun safes. They are typically 6' tall, 42" wide and 30" deep outside measurements. 60 or 70 min 1200 fire rating. Anyone know of a good price? Will consider any brand.
Thanks

I purchased a Liberty Fat boy a few years back. There is a Liberty factory outlet type store just south of the 205 and I5 merge in Oregon. They sell scratch and dents as well as display models from shows. Prices have went up substantially in the last couple years so I can't tell you what a good price is but this store was about $400.00 cheaper at that time and I couldn't find the defect.

As an aside;
Transportation, set up, and structural foundation review / beef up, will tax the most industrious of us. If unaware of their weight, be sure to consider these things. Even getting them through other living spaces can mess up the floors. Hope you got a buddy or two. One that size could be a thousand pounds.

Good point...this size weighs bout 720 depending on brand for a 60 min, then go up from there. 75 min is ~ 900lbs ...
professonal safe
movers with the right equip recommended!

I believe my Rhino was >900 lbs, and the door was easily 350#.
Four of us loaded it out of the prior owner's location.
I moved it in and installed it myself with the help of multi-ton rollers, a hoist and some 4x4's. It was a major beotch to move into my cave.

A safe dealer out of Warren did the prior owner's move / install.

If'n you're thinking on DIY, check different equipment Pape / Peterson / Power Rents for "swtichgear jacks" which are multi-ton jacks with forks to lift and roll things like electrical switchgear (super heavy stuff) in and out of tight installations.
Multi-ton rollers and jacks came in handy for mine.

@Flahspan, forgive the thread jack. You've been active at this longer than I have, but here's some lessons learned for others.
  • If you're going to install it on concrete, seal the floor before you install.
  • Preplan your electrical for your Golden Rod and lights.
  • The LED under cabinet lights they sell at Ikea are the bomb.
  • Mine is installed slightly canted forward so my door gently swings open once the bolts are free. I like that 'cuz I know my safe's not locked.
  • Bake it with lights at 100°F for about a week to heat out any moisture that the gypsum may have absorbed before putting your guns into it.
  • On keeping your stuff dry once installed:
    • I keep mine heated year round. It works wonders to keep it dry and zero condensate on a gun when I take it out.
    • I have the desiccant packs that you plug into the wall to dry out. They're so-so.
    • Bimart sells those white crystals that work well to pull water out - it's the most cost effective drying system but messier to use.
    • The closet dryer packs they sell at Dollar Tree are great and easy. I'll use ~20 a year between my safes, changing out ~every three months.

Last Edited:
Is your goal real theft deterrent, or just fire protection?

A TL-30 rated safe is reasonable if you are putting 10's of thousands of dollars, or even $100k's, worth of weapons and items in there.
I know many would agree cheaping out on a scope for a gun that costs thousands is silly, I figured the same should apply to a safe.

A 30D x 34W x 64H TL-30 rated safe weights 3400#s.

Good point...this size weighs bout 720 depending on brand for a 60 min, then go up from there. 75 min is ~ 900lbs ...
professonal safe
movers with the right equip recommended!
Mine is a 2 hr fire + burglary--it weights 1850, I recently had it brought from my shop a mile away into my house by a couple of tweekers

They actually did a good job but I never asked them to move my safe...

When ya have tweekers working for ya, things can get a little weird

Looking to buy one of the large 50 gun safes. They are typically 6' tall, 42" wide and 30" deep outside measurements. 60 or 70 min 1200 fire rating. Anyone know of a good price? Will consider any brand.
Thanks
My friend is a dealer for Tracker safes and I got one from him the size you describe and I am very happy with it. Send me a message if you want his phone number it never hurts to call and gather info.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top