1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. The lucky winners of the NWFA Fall Giveaway 2016 have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice

Best day for Portland Gun Show Dec 17-19?

Discussion in 'Events & Get Togethers' started by teflon97239, Dec 6, 2010.

1. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

Hope this Collector's West show is bigger than the Rose City gun show I chose not to attend a couple weeks ago when I saw maybe 50-60 cars in the parking lot. To be fair, it was Sunday, but if half of them belonged to buyers...

Never went to a gun show on a Friday before. Is it worth it, or do a lot of sellers not even show up until Saturday?

What's the sweet spot? Thanks in advance for feedback.
  2. Dell_dude

Dell_dude Vancouver, WA Member

Less crowded. Way easier to maneuver.
  3. TapRackNGo

TapRackNGo PNW Well-Known Member

Do me a favor and pick me up some beef jerky and beanie babies while you are there. Haven't been to a show in years.
  4. jimwsea

jimwsea Vancouver, Washington state Active Member

Some wait until the last hour of the last day because there can be some good deals made. Some vendors want to get rid of something that sat thru the last two shows, or something they got for real cheap, or something they don't want to carry back to their van. I go late if I have no real needs, and have ended up with some bargains.

Some go right at the start of the first day because there are also visitors with stuff to sell or trade. There may also be some one-of-a-kind things that sell out fast. I go early if there is something I really need.

Also, from what I've observed, all or just about all the vendors are there on Fridays.
  5. buick455

buick455 se portland Member

When the last show happened there was either another gun show or a swap meet in Albany I think. I heard one of the vendors complaining about it.
  6. Spitpatch

Spitpatch Forest Grove, Oregon Well-Known Member

For less crowd, show up at opening on Saturday.
    There is some value in a strategy of going Sunday, around noon, and hope you find a gun you want and a motivated table-holder that needs gas/motel money before they return home.
  7. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

I like Sundays for ammo. I go the last hour and the last few shows sales are down. The need to move stuff. Plus it's x-mas so people would want to buy presents instead of firearms. Which has more of a priority to most people? So hit them on Sunday and say what you will offer. I have done that at times and it works.
  8. spider

spider Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Those are fronts for gambling habits and don't forget the vibrating pillow lady!