JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What is the best customer service you have ever received from a gun manufacturer? Not from your dealer, but from the makers of the gun themselves. It could be regarding a direct purchase, a repair, etc.

In my case it is hands down Seecamp. I always get great care from them and this one time was a shining example.

I had ordered a custom LWS32 for my father-nlaw and I called the Seecamp offices and asked if my pistol I had ordered was ready to ship. I had receieved one of those notices saying it would be ready to ship within 30 days about two weeks prior.

I was told it was almost completed and should be shipping some time in the next week or two. I then asked if there was anyway it could ship earlier.

The reason is that my mother-n-law has been sick with a 3rd (and most likely final) bout with lung cancer. My partner was down there now and felt she had little time left. I thought it would be a nice pick me up for my father-n-law and I know my mother-n-law has been anxious to see the gun every since we first ordered it.

The lady that called me back was very helpful and went and located the gun and told me she would do everything she could to get it completed and mailed sooner.

I woke up the next morning and had a message from an unknown call on my cell. I listened to it and it was Larry Seecamp telling me that not only did he ship the gun, but he included an extra signed magazine for my father-n-law. What other gun manufacturer would give such personal service? Just another reason to be glad that I recommend the Seecamp brand to every shooter I ever meet. This is just another piece of evidence that not only does the Seecamp Co. produce the finest firearms; but they are also backed up by some pretty fine people.

I bought a used Springfield Armory M1A and called them for a manual. They sent me a factory manual, a reprint of the GI manual, a parts list, two or three re-printed articles, including safety information that cost them postage of $3.40 for all this material. Total cost = 0.

I sent a Ruger 45 colt back to factory made in 1976 for a replacement front sight as they originally put the wrong sight on 32 years prior. They repalced the sight and reblued the whole thing free of charge.

Worst one I have has yet was CAA for AR parts. Horrible junk and will never buy from them again.

I've only dealt with Springfield Armory before, but they were awesome. For some reason my 1911 was shooting off low and to the right. No matter who shot it, the thing just wouldn't shoot straight. I don't have much money and I didn't want to waste the little I had on ammo to dial it in, so I sent it in. They paid for me to FedEx it to them, replaced the barrel and front night site, then paid to FedEx it back to me. I paid nothing at all. The wait was a little long (around a month and a half), but it was totally understandable considering their volume.

Ruger for me.Back in the late 80's I bought a P89 at a gunshow in AZ,and right out of the box it was shooting about 30 degrees low.By that,I mean if I aimed at a can 30-40 ft away I'd hit the dirt about 20 ft short of the target.I found out Ruger was in Prescott,about an hour or so from me,so I decided to make a road trip out of it.When I brought the cased gun into the lobby,there was a very grandmotherly-looking lady behind the counter,she asked me my problem.I had already called,so when I told her my name,she took the gun from me.Now,I was still fairly new to the gun thing,but this lady had that pistol completely apart in about 5 seconds,and she must have read the astonished look on my face,because she smiled,and said,"I've been handling these things for many years.Come back this afternoon,and we'll have it ready".I spent a very enjoyable day at Murphy's Pub in Prescott,went back at about 2:00,and they had replaced the barrel and slide,and had even laser sighted it for me.Cost,well,about $75 in gas,beer,and food,but the gun work was free.The friendliness that was shown to me is something I'll never forget.Now if only Ruger would build something I can't live without...:(

I'd have to say Ruger. Bought a New Model Blackhawk second hand years ago. Discovered the timing was off. I paid to ship it there, but the rest was free.
The trip back for my Smith & Wesson 500 was completely free and they were very nice to deal with, but only because I was the original purchaser. I'd have been paying for everything if I'd have bought it second hand.
My Para Ordnance P12 needed to go back after many rounds. But I'd had it for a year or so and it was "out of warranty". I paid freight there. The rest was free.

CZ Dan Wesson - about a year ago I bought a cbob and it was tight, the empty casings ejected near my face, called them and they said to send it in. it was gone for about a week and a half and returned with a list of many items of fine tuning and about 100 rounds of ammo logged through it. I was told by them that they appreciate people bringing this to their attention and allowing them to correct and fine tune as they said they never have an opportunity to fine tune their product off the assymble line. This thing shoot awsome, period.

I have only dealt with Wilson Combat but I have to give them a A+ for standing behind what they sell. They quickly took care of my issue and compensated me for my shipping expense + shipped my gun back with some extra mags.

Hi Point Firearms... picked up a used ATI converted carbine and needed a few things ie scope mount, sight holder, barrel shroud (for the stock setup), so I emailed them requesting these parts and price, and the reply letter was that it had been mailed and to expect delivery. No cost and a thanks for being an owner of their product. Their motto is:
All Hi-Point firearms carry a lifetime, no-questions asked warranty. Whether you are the original purchaser, or a third-hand owner, your Hi-Point firearm will be repaired free of charge. :s0155:

I've had good service from Ruger on a Single Six years ago. Just a few months ago I had a new CZ 2075 Rami S/S slide 9mm that was malfunctioning and I sent CZ an E-mail and the next day they called and had a shipper come and pick up the gun, a week or so later I got a call and they informed me that they'd had trouble with some of the special run S/S Rami's and would I like a replacement of the same model or perhaps a CZ PO-1. I opted for the PO-1, and it arrived in a few days. Now that is service, and the CZ PO-1 is a really superb pistol. Bill

Here's maybe one of the best customer service stories you could hope for. A Colt 1991-A1, S&W 638, Glock G21, Colt 6920, Mossberg 500, Colt Ace .22, FN-FAL, Colt Combat Commander, Colt Cobra.
Never needed any factory service for any, ever.

+1! the best customer service is not needing it.
Customer service does not need to have anything to do with repair work. My story did not. It has to do with many things. Such as how you are treated when inquiring about accessories, manuals, placing special orders, calling for specs, etc. :)

Smith and Wesson sent me a part free of charge even though I bought the pistol used. Kahr was also very good about replacing an extractor. The technician talked with me at length about another issue with a Thompson carbine I had.

The best experience I've had was with Next Generation Arms here in Oregon. I purchased one of their very early production ARs (#5 sold to the public of its model). It had a very sweet trigger from the factory, but it started having sear engagement issues near the 1k round mark. So I gave them a call, and they sent out an employee (yes they personally picked it up, and I didn't have to deal with fedex!) that week to pick it up at my doorstep, dropped it back off to me in 3 business days, with a new fire control group, and a new buffer (I had nicked it during reassembly once).

I am going to have to say Masterpiece Arms. I bought one of their Mac 10 copies at a gun show. Put about 200 rounds through it and somehow got a burr on the firing pin. I didn't know they had a warrenty so I took a dremel to it. The burr had marred up the inside of the bolt so it still didn't work. Called up Masterpiece Arms to order a new bolt and they instantly put me through to Gary. Gary is the owner. I tell him what happened , including the part about the dremel and he tells me he doesn't care what I did to it send it to him and he will fix it. He sent me a packing slip and I had the bolt back to me looking like new within a week of my phone call.
I have also had free parts sent to me from Hi-point and Smith & Wesson.

Seth

Of the ones needing return repair, it has been Kahr. Fixed barrel chattering, mag button and did a fluff and buff on it along with free magazine and wooden grips. The head of production called me and set it up personally. Good for them.
rhtwist

Bought a Savage 300 win mag brought it home and tore it down to clean it it had a button on the stock to release the floor plate and of course I didn't pay enough attention so it fell out on the floor.As I was putting it back together I couldn't find the button [dog chewed it up] I called Savage and told them the dog ate it and I needed to order another the lady on the phone said your gun is under warrenty we will send you a button at no cost.Even though the dog chewed it up they still sent it free of charge.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top