JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Conveyor Belt
You can buy it online pre-cut, cheap

I do the spring mounts on my plate rack and I will set up singles on a vertical 2x4 using the same principle.
Shown in the pic is 1" EMT (electrical conduit) with a 2x4 top rail.
One 10' stick cut in half makes 2 legs.
Those end frames are the cat's meow and use the hitch pins !
Shoot Steel is the vendor.
View attachment 574544

Do an Image Search on "steel target hangers" and you will get a ton of ideas.
That's a pretty cool set up. I think I will have to look into this.

I use a couple pieces of 1/8" thick angle iron over the chains. Each piece is about 16" long. Drilled a couple holes in each end and used soft wire to tie them in place. Works great. Deflects the bullets great.

4DB4CAF5-5EDF-44F0-AEF0-4573F392C0BE.jpeg

I don't recall what gauge chain i'm using, pretty heavy though. I just went to Park Rose Hardware and had them cut it for me. question though? How are you guys cutting your long piece into foot long +/- pieces? Hack saw sounds like too much work.

What ever. I use chain, but realized putting a couple, or three feet, of fairly heave wire in the range bag is the ticket.....to tie that chain back together when it gets shot through. :s0155:

I don't recall what gauge chain i'm using, pretty heavy though. I just went to Park Rose Hardware and had them cut it for me. question though? How are you guys cutting your long piece into foot long +/- pieces? Hack saw sounds like too much work.

What ever. I use chain, but realized putting a couple, or three feet, of fairly heave wire in the range bag is the ticket.....to tie that chain back together when it gets shot through. :s0155:
"Peanut Grinder" with "cut-off wheel".
4-1/2" angle grinder....they're pretty cheap now, esp if you go Harbor Fright or buy used on Craigslist.

A must-have tool for Man Cave activities.
Wear your Eye Pro !
Ear Pro too, they are loud.

Use a vice or a Vice Grip to hold the chain link that you want to cut.
The cutting wheels I like are the FLAT ones and are about 1/16" thick.

My gong took off on me Sunday.
Good center hits with the. 308 popped the heads off the carridge bolts that attached the chain to the plate.
Gotta rig up something different for that.

Well I have the same PROBLEM.
I hope you are not buying chain .
That can get exspesive.
This is what you can do .
Find old tire chains.
You can find them on the side of the road up on the mountain passes.lol
I work for a trucking company .
So guys use the chains and when they break they bring them back to the yard and I take some home and cut them up .
And use them if they break no big deal.
Just replace it. MVIMG_20190430_102513.jpg

I use The Last Stand. Rebar legs and cross piece with self healing hangers, like those bouncing targets or spinning gophers. Only used it once so far but it held up perfectly fine for about 500 rounds using three gongs (2x 8", 1x 3") from ShootingTargets7.com. Here's a video showing how it all fits together:

Hope that helps. Also, remember to angle your plates down so you minimize ricochet in a dangerous direction.

I use 3/8 All thread or rod that I hammer into an S hook. Works great, takes hits (except for the big magnums).
Cross bar is 1" EMT conduit, legs are milsurp Aluminum tent poles, yokes and AR500 are by @IronMonster (RIP).
Used to use 3/8" chain, tire chain and steel cable (whatever junk I could get my hands on) but really stopped using chain because it was a PITA to transport. The S hooks are so much easier to move, store, and hold their position on the cross pipe well.

I use 3/8 All thread or rod that I hammer into an S hook. Works great, takes hits (except for the big magnums).
Cross bar is 1" EMT conduit, legs are milsurp Aluminum tent poles, yokes and AR500 are by @IronMonster (RIP).
Used to use 3/8" chain, tire chain and steel cable (whatever junk I could get my hands on) but really stopped using chain because it was a PITA to transport. The S hooks are so much easier to move, store, and hold their position on the cross pipe well.
I have one set of hangers made by a guy in NoCal that have a hole on one end for 1" EMT and a hook with a very long tag end. The gong is not coming out.
They are laser-cut out of 1/4" AR500 plate.

I wish I designed them....they are the best gong hangers that I have seen.
The guy no longer does targets.
I can provide a pattern for whoever wants.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top