JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
These are very nice looking tools that look very well built, Sinclair makes some really nice stuff. Thanks for the links and info DS2!

I think the "pilot bump" that fits in the primer pocket will mess me up when using the Lee case length cutter since it is a fixed length. With the pilot bump in the primer pocked the Lee case length gauge cutter would not cut the case to the proper length. I suppose I could trim the case length gauge to the correct length, but I am concerned that it might wobble around on the pilot bump and cause problems. Would the Sinclair tool still be ok if the "pilot bump" were ground down so it did not protrude into the primer pocket? Would it still hold the case properly so the Lee trimmer could be inserted and ride on a flat surface?

If it were my tool, I would first just face off the "bump so it's flat. Then I would trim the pilot pin that goes through the flash hole until I had the desired case length. The setup would then work exactly the same as the Lee with the exception of the pilot pin being shorter. This could actually be quite desirable for some as the Lee cutter pilots are cut to produce a SAAMI "Trim To" length. Some prefer a longer case for their setup, me for instance. Lee cuts the cases to 2.005 and I prefer 2.010 for my .308 cases.

If you go this route, just touch the pin tip to a grinder or sharpening stone and when you get close to your desired length, finish with some real fine sandpaper so there's a radius on the tip.

Just found a very interesting product offered by Lyman called the E-Zee hand case trimmer. The tool takes standard press shell holders and it looks like the tool head is larger diameter than the Lee trimmer so it would be easier to tighten etc... Midway has them in a kit that contains the tool head, power adapter and several popular rifle case length gauges for $24.99. I would post a link to it, but my computer kung foo is weak.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top