JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Curious question for those who carry inside the waistband. What's the most comfortable place to carry appendix 3,4, or 5 o'clock. I'm guessing it's personal preference. And do y'all wear the same waist size or do y'all go up 1 waist size. I've always carried OWB but looking to change since I'm on a serious weight loss journey.

First of all, congratulations on your success in your weight loss journey. That represents a lot of mind power and committment.

Definitely a personal thing, and body type and dress are factors as well.

I prefer IWB at about 4 o'clock or so. That's probably 90% of the time. I'll AIWB at about 12:30 sometimes, and I'll run a shoulder rig if I'm sitting a lot and it is cool enough for a cover garment.

I normally wear clothes that fit properly and may go up a size in the shirt but pretty much keep the same size jeans.

Let us know what ends up working for you.

Good on you for working on your weight transformation, and keep cardio in mind.

I still carry strong side on IWB. I wear the same sized trouser, helps me maintain the waist line, too.

Good luck on the journey.

IWB appendix at 11 or 12 o'clock. I'm a left handed shooter. As far a pants go I tend to stick with the same size I would if I wasn't carrying as well. I don't like my jeans too tight. The belt is the biggest factor. I have had an Ares Aegis belt for over 10 years. Congrats on the weight loss! It will make carrying inside the waistband much more pleasant.

1E500B93-D475-4AB3-9877-9C95582A0AB9.jpeg

Be prepared to have few unused holsters stored in a drawer. I have a few as well. I have a few Alien Gear IWB that I wear and I carry at 3:00 or 3:30 depending on belt loops in my pants. I typically wear blue jeans so I carry at 3:30.

Oh, and congratulations on your weight loss journey! Just my .02, but consistency is key and make exercise and diet an integral lifestyle change.

If I can do it anyone can.

"Best" is subjective at best. For me, 3:30-4/8-8:30 IWB is a nice balance between comfort, concealment, and presentation capability and that is what I'm comfy with in my current environment. However, it hasn't always been that way and when concealment in close proximity to others was the number one priority and threat level a little higher 11:00-1:00 AIWB won the day every day.

At least there's a safety unlike all the striker fired guns. So light you don't know it's there and it's not pointed at my junk lol.

Wrong…there are passive safeties on striker fired guns. I've just had cocked and locked safeties swipe off in my pocket and belt before, heard of a couple other having the same problem and swore off them.

Wrong…there are passive safeties on striker fired guns. I've just had cocked and locked safeties swipe off in my pocket and belt before, heard of a couple other having the same problem and swore off them.

Its worth noting the 938 also has passive safeties too, a firing pin block and a half cock. All other things being equal I would rather have a safety for pocket carry actually. My understanding is that trigger safeties are only designed for inertia drops and dont prevent obstructions from pressing the trigger. Been using a 938 for years and never had the safety bumped off, though I use a custom made pocket holster and a dedicated pocket. The only external I had bump off was an ambi-safety 1911 so I dont recommend ambies.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top