JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i am just wanting to know who has what and what coverage . i know conceal carry has insurance and also the NRA and a few others in the area that have legal help in case someone is in a situation and have to protect family from danger...... you know. just in case. i want to know who uses what and if anyone has had good or bad experiences in a legal matter. my attorney is one and gave me a couple of suggestions but i still want to hear from you guys.?

Total waste of money you will never use it. The statistical chances of you being sued for discharging your legally carried handgun is so tiny its not worth buying insurance for.

Better question would be to ask who here has been sued for something in connection to their carrying a handgun legally.

I been a shooter for the last 52 almost 53 years
I been a firearms owner for the last 43 almost 44 years
I have carried a handgun for the last 27 almost 28 years
I been an Oregon Concealed Handgun Permit holder since 1990

I have been on a dozen various Firearms related forums since 2000

And sitting here I can't think of a single story where having Carry insurance would have helped someone out.

I can tell you that if you have a big insurance policy your a target for any lawyer who wants his cut. If you have no insurance and would be hard to squeeze for a big settlement no lawyer will take the case for anything but cash.

YMMV

Total waste of money you will never use it. The statistical chances of you being sued for discharging your legally carried handgun is so tiny its not worth buying insurance for.

Better question would be to ask who here has been sued for something in connection to their carrying a handgun legally.

And sitting here I can't think of a single story where having Carry insurance would have helped someone out.

I can tell you that if you have a big insurance policy your a target for any lawyer who wants his cut. If you have no insurance and would be hard to squeeze for a big settlement no lawyer will take the case for anything but cash.

YMMV

Think you, that makes sense.
The better question is who has been sued .........
Ynez that's how I should have stated my ?

First lets clarify something, if you end up in court for [lawfully] using your gun its because your being charged with a crime. The other party (bad guys) can sue you in a civil court. Lets make certain were looking at both elements, there is no "better" one to be more concerned about.

Second, if you end up in court for lawfully using your gun and get convicted, will your policy also cover the appeals process to get your conviction overturned? I don't know of any that do besides the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network (ACLDN).

The odds of you needing insurance is moot or you wouldn't carry a gun at all why bother? But leaving it at home is not what your doing is it? So understand that every aspect of firearm use from simple ownership to carrying in public to using it to defend yourself is a legal matter. Anyone who carries a gun in public needs to understand the legal process. The ACLDN along with financial support provides 8 hours of legal training with their membership, to my knowledge none of the other insurance types offers that as a product.

So ask yourself, what are you carrying a gun for? Then ask yourself if you know how to articulate in court that your actions were lawfully justified? ...because claiming self defense is admitting to a crime.

here is one for you: http://www.armedcitizensnetwork.org/images/stories/Hickey Booklet.pdf

its not a quick read, its 46 pages but anyone who carries a gun in public needs to read this. True story.

The best insurance is probably between your ears.

You might want to check with your insurance agent to see if a general rider on your homeowners insurance would help out with legal costs. A 1 million dollar liability rider is rather inexpensive.

YMMV

It is next to impossible to get insurance if you don't own a home, but if you do, get an umbrella policy. It will cover for everything the home owner or car insurance doesn't, including any civil or potential criminal charges. It is not expensive.

Unless the dirt-bag that you had to legally and justifiably put down has access to the legal team that got OJ acquitted of murder, you don't stand much of a chance being sued successfully.

Lawyers like easy cases that can get them some money. Hard to make a law abiding upstanding citizen who was just NOT indicted in a justifiable homicide look unsympathetic and evil to a jury.

Insurance like that sounds like a way to make someone else rich.:cool:

I'm a Platinum member with USCCA. Yeah, maybe I am just pi$$ing my money away but I can afford the 30 dollars a month and for me to loose 30 dollars a month but have the 1.1 million dollars coverage is worth it.
I have come to accept the fact that I am a sh*t magnet in life and I have had my fair share of degenerates mess with me, so I am not taking any chances. I will run and hide as much as possible, but heaven forbid I have to use justified lethal force, I want to have a team help me out. Since I have insurance, I don't go walking around flashing my gun and pointing it at people because I have USCCA. My actions have to be justified. If I get in a fight and shoot/kill someone out of anger.... I am not covered by the insurance.

So yeah the odds maybe that I won't need insurance but it's a small price to pay for when I MIGHT need it. As most of us know, insurance is something you pay for and hope you never have to use it but when you need it, it's nice to have it. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top