JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Silver-tipped 30.06 should put any all of them down. If you use a Garand or similar rifle you can afix a silver (or wood depending upon your version of the back stories) bayonet and then use the other end as a club when you run out of ammo.

Now if you need rapid fire/lots of ammo a 22lr like the M&P15-22 with a 50 round drum mag would work well.

Personally, I would add a shot gun with silver pellet loads for vamps as they tend to be quick and you want to get a good spread to at least slow them down.

I would prefer an AA-12. If I were restricted to a rifle I would want an AR-15 in 5.56 with a laser sight. Also a 9mm with laser sight as a sidearm. A .22 would be nice cause you can carry 3000 rounds of ammo in a back pack but I would want a little more power than that personally... Now Im gonna have to play some ZOMBIES!!! Hes crawling back to me, like good woman...

crossbow with wooden shafted bolts - silver plate broad heads. Should take care of your needs. add a full spectrum daylight type spotlight to it - turn those vamps to ash and save the bolts for the shifters... better yet why not get a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range....

The best thing about zombies is they don't shoot BACK. You can take your time and line up those head pops. So .22LR is the way to go.

Now, the rapid closing speed of vampires and werewolves is such that lots more stopping power is called for, and you can't beat the spread of that AA-12. You're not going to spot one of those creatures-of-the-night at 200 meters anyway.

I wonder, do I really need to melt down my silver Eagles, or are 90% pure Mercury dimes good enough?

Abe-Simpson-walking-in-and-out-the-.gif

Well, actually the whole silver story came from the use of the term quick silver for mercury; which of course is quite toxic.

I'm willing to be YOUR life in a zombie/werewolf/vampire encounter on using mercury instead :D.

Pleasant dreams.

Vampires/Zombies - use the flamethrower:

blade.jpg

For werewolves...a chuck-it and some tennis balls to distract them. Or wave a Greenie in their face and throw it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose this question takes on real meaning since the government in currently having a training session on the zombie apocalypse in San Diego. In that case, the best caliber and the best gun is the one you have in your hand when the horde is upon you...

Well, actually the whole silver story came from the use of the term quick silver for mercury; which of course is quite toxic.

I'm willing to be YOUR life in a zombie/werewolf/vampire encounter on using mercury instead :D.

Pleasant dreams.

Silver is powerfully antibiotic, which has been known since long before people even knew what germs were. So logically it developed a rep for warding off evil spirits.

By default, any discussion of cartridges including the descriptor "best", absolutely has to be answered with .250-3000 Savage.

Light Recoil, Extreme accuracy, and most importantly, you kill Zombies with absolute class.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top