Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Best caliber rifle?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Sabertooth, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Josephine County Active Member

What is the best caliber rifle for killing Werewolf's and Vampires?
    Zombie's?

2. techiej

techiej vancouver, wa Active Member

Silver-tipped 30.06 should put any all of them down. If you use a Garand or similar rifle you can afix a silver (or wood depending upon your version of the back stories) bayonet and then use the other end as a club when you run out of ammo.

Now if you need rapid fire/lots of ammo a 22lr like the M&P15-22 with a 50 round drum mag would work well.

Personally, I would add a shot gun with silver pellet loads for vamps as they tend to be quick and you want to get a good spread to at least slow them down.

3. kukusya

kukusya King County Wa Active Member

7.62x39= cheap, reliable, SKS AK variants proof reliability. CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP

AustenW and (deleted member) like this.
  4. OregonPlinker

OregonPlinker Creswell, Or Active Member

I would prefer an AA-12. If I were restricted to a rifle I would want an AR-15 in 5.56 with a laser sight. Also a 9mm with laser sight as a sidearm. A .22 would be nice cause you can carry 3000 rounds of ammo in a back pack but I would want a little more power than that personally... Now Im gonna have to play some ZOMBIES!!! Hes crawling back to me, like good woman...

Dunerunner and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

crossbow with wooden shafted bolts - silver plate broad heads. Should take care of your needs. add a full spectrum daylight type spotlight to it - turn those vamps to ash and save the bolts for the shifters... better yet why not get a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range....

6. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

The best thing about zombies is they don't shoot BACK. You can take your time and line up those head pops. So .22LR is the way to go.

Now, the rapid closing speed of vampires and werewolves is such that lots more stopping power is called for, and you can't beat the spread of that AA-12. You're not going to spot one of those creatures-of-the-night at 200 meters anyway.

I wonder, do I really need to melt down my silver Eagles, or are 90% pure Mercury dimes good enough?

7. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

Abe-Simpson-walking-in-and-out-the-.gif

safetyman and (deleted member) like this.
  8. techiej

techiej vancouver, wa Active Member

Well, actually the whole silver story came from the use of the term quick silver for mercury; which of course is quite toxic.

I'm willing to be YOUR life in a zombie/werewolf/vampire encounter on using mercury instead :D.

Pleasant dreams.

9. raindog

raindog Portland, OR Active Member

Vampires/Zombies - use the flamethrower:

blade.jpg

For werewolves...a chuck-it and some tennis balls to distract them. Or wave a Greenie in their face and throw it.

blade.jpg

blade.jpg

10. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

for zombies, a 22 would be fine. against werewolves or vampires, your bubblegummed. or maybe the one that tastes the best.

11. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

I suppose this question takes on real meaning since the government in currently having a training session on the zombie apocalypse in San Diego. In that case, the best caliber and the best gun is the one you have in your hand when the horde is upon you...

12. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

All you ever need for killing vampires and werewolves are these two... blade-trinity_snipes.jpg selene-underworld.jpg

blade-trinity_snipes.jpg

selene-underworld.jpg

13. gehrheart

gehrheart fidalgo island Well-Known Member

She was the best part of the whole movie!

Im thinking a 20mm Vulcan is the best choice....

14. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

OK, not a zombie movie, but it translates well.

15. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

Silver is powerfully antibiotic, which has been known since long before people even knew what germs were. So logically it developed a rep for warding off evil spirits.

16. Spitpatch

Spitpatch Forest Grove, Oregon Well-Known Member

By default, any discussion of cartridges including the descriptor "best", absolutely has to be answered with .250-3000 Savage.

Light Recoil, Extreme accuracy, and most importantly, you kill Zombies with absolute class.

EMP9596 and (deleted member) like this.
  17. Ghost cake

Ghost cake Seattle Active Member

SPAS-12

18. Spadkarma

Spadkarma South Lake Whatcom Member

17 HMR

19. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

30-30.

Woody-Harrelson-Zombieland.jpg

Woody-Harrelson-Zombieland.jpg

20. Tannersaurus

Tannersaurus Eugene, OR New Member

I prefer my 45-70... Just so long as they line up for me. Otherwise I suppose my AR would do the trick.