JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
it uses a 6.5mm bullet go look at midway. there are tons of options. that and my grendel shoots .25 MOA (as long as i'm not the one shooting it) when i shoot it it hits around 1moa. my friends can hit a clay pigeons at 657 yards(that is as far as we can find)

Sounds like me and my AR.

Well I can buy a AK for the price of most uppers (or close) so maybe a 6.5

then another 5.56
then the 7.62X39

Then maybe someone will have mags that work for a 10mm?

Hornady is under a buck a round, Wolf Gold even cheaper. Wolf is working on a steel case Grendel round that well sell for about .30 cents each bulk. When that becomes available I well have one or more carbines in 6.5G.

I think you are reading from old information. wolf has promising steel cased for that price for a few years now, back when i had a grendel they were promissing wolf steel cased for that price and that was a few years ago thats why i bought a AA upper and they never did so i sold it. if they were to produce it now with current ammo inflation i highly doubt it would be .30 cents a round maybe .50 if they were even to produce it.

and the brass case stuff sucks i bought the wolf gold and had a factory built AA upper and when i fed a case into the chamber often it would shove the bullet back into the case . it was extreamly dirty as well.

hornady is $16 a box then shipping. I threw up rough figures give or take a dime or 2 . I am not saying grendel is a bad idea i had a personal bad experience with it but many have had great experiences with it and it looks great on paper. and if the ammo became available locally i would probably take the plunge again but this time building my own rather than purchasing a new factory built one.

I clearly stated my preference and my reasons , you don't need to sell me on a grendel i bought into it and bought one tried it had feed problems with the wolf bullets being shoved back into the cases and passed on it thats all.

If steel cased wolf becomes available and if i can build a cheap enough upper that i don't mind shooting wolf through i will probably end up getting one again

I think you are reading from old information. wolf has promising steel cased for that price for a few years now, back when i had a grendel they were promissing wolf steel cased for that price and that was a few years ago thats why i bought a AA upper and they never did so i sold it. if they were to produce it now with current ammo inflation i highly doubt it would be .30 cents a round maybe .50 if they were even to produce it.

and the brass case stuff sucks i bought the wolf gold and had a factory built AA upper and when i fed a case into the chamber often it would shove the bullet back into the case . it was extreamly dirty as well.

hornady is $16 a box then shipping. I threw up rough figures give or take a dime or 2 . I am not saying grendel is a bad idea i had a personal bad experience with it but many have had great experiences with it and it looks great on paper. and if the ammo became available locally i would probably take the plunge again but this time building my own rather than purchasing a new factory built one.

I clearly stated my preference and my reasons , you don't need to sell me on a grendel i bought into it and bought one tried it had feed problems with the wolf bullets being shoved back into the cases and passed on it thats all.

If steel cased wolf becomes available and if i can build a cheap enough upper that i don't mind shooting wolf through i will probably end up getting one again

The steel case rumor has been around for some time. It did get renewed at the last shot show. But you know how rumors go...

I've shot some Wolf Gold and agree it's dirty compared to Hornady. My rifle seemed to eat it OK. It was the end of a long range day and I was tired (sand in my mangina) I was just plinking with it.

I bought a upper from a local store and she bought a lower receiver on the order.I eye the thing every time I go in there.

So today I went in and put some cash on the 1991 A1,I've been fondling and the receiver .A Stag Arms lower.They manufacture these for a number of other gun makers,too

Anyway.I have a 5.56 upper with a 24" stainless bull barrel,flat top,old school stock.
Now I want to put together more of a tactical rifle,but I am not a big fan of the 5.56 as my defense round.
I don't mind the 7.62X39,as it was my first thought.Well along with a 6.5 grendel

Is the 6.5 gunna go the way of the 10mm? Some of us diehards loving it and everyone else asking huh?
Or will there be plenty of ammo for it?
Cost between the 2 are close.
How about the heavy calibers?Will they keep a big enough following to keep ammo around?

And I will probably get a 5.56 upper for it too.

Thanks
Mike

You can get my M107? Awesome gun, awesome round, awesome range, nothing not to like.............. Thats what I would get....

Thanks.I might just look into that.So the 6.5 is a readily available "bullet"? Plenty of different types?

6.5 is huge in Europe and with all the bench rest guys in bolt guys. Very high BC good selection of bullets on the market. AA just figured out how to fit it into a AR15 upper.

It would be great if you ever want to predator hunt with an AR. Coyotes can take a .223 and still run off if not hit well.

I bought a upper from a local store and she bought a lower receiver on the order.I eye the thing every time I go in there.

So today I went in and put some cash on the 1991 A1,I've been fondling and the receiver .A Stag Arms lower.They manufacture these for a number of other gun makers,too

Anyway.I have a 5.56 upper with a 24" stainless bull barrel,flat top,old school stock.
Now I want to put together more of a tactical rifle,but I am not a big fan of the 5.56 as my defense round.
I don't mind the 7.62X39,as it was my first thought.Well along with a 6.5 grendel

Is the 6.5 gunna go the way of the 10mm? Some of us diehards loving it and everyone else asking huh?
Or will there be plenty of ammo for it?
Cost between the 2 are close.
How about the heavy calibers?Will they keep a big enough following to keep ammo around?

And I will probably get a 5.56 upper for it too.

Thanks
Mike

You can get my M107? Awesome gun, awesome round, awesome range, nothing not to like.............. Thats what I would get....

Wait! They used to make a 6.5 Grendel. Now they don't but make a .264 (same cal. as 6.5). What's the story there? Not wanting to pay the license fee to AA for the grendel?

exactly what happened. I guess les didn't like all the restrictions that AA had on what and how he could make the 6.5 grendel stuff and they were making him pay royalties. there are still some les baer uppers out there.

I just got a CMMG AR15 in 9mm and love it. The only disadvantage is it's not good for a gun fight against a .233 but I don't see that ever happening in my life. But what the 9mm dose do good is very cheep to shoot, very quiet, use at indoor range, don't have to worry about my back stop being good enough or ricochet flying off some where when I go shooting in the woods. Buy the way my last trip to the gun club I was putting five shots in 2 3/8 groups at 100 yards with 115 gr xtps and open sights.

HPIM2871 - Copy (Copy).jpg

I think I have decided to do another 5.56 on the AR platform.
I can get complete AK's for the same as a X39 upper.Or two more SKS' Mags and goodies everywhere
And I'm not buying the availability BS on the 6.5s and 6.8s.Too iffy,expensive and then the mags.

A nice 18-20 mil taper,with a nice hand guard sites and a few upgrades.Heck I guess if you send enough rounds down range,any caliber is gunna change some plans

Thanks again for the ideas....now to pick an upper
I have the lower and half of the LPK

3. An 18.5" match grade 5.56 w/ mid-length low-pro gas block and rifle length DD rail system with a quality hi-power variable scope for long range work out 800 yards.
Yeah I think I have the long range covered with my 24" Stag upper
So I'm going to get the G&R tactical LPK (mostly LMT parts) and use the trigger group I have from the last one.And the H2 buffer.
18-20 inch barrel and need to research carriers.Well barrels too.Not really interested in spending $400+ for just the barrel

And I would like something that will be "available" withing the next couple months,lol

Moved to the dark side? You go with a Sig?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top