Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Best buys before insanity hit

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Nimbus, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Nimbus

Nimbus Walla Walla Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

I was lucky in Sept & found a hardly shot FN FiveSeven pistol with two extra 30 rounds mags and a real nice holster for $1000.00.

Now, they appear to be selling on GB for in excess of $2,000.00 with several over $3,000.00!

Anybody else feel like they lucked out!

2. FarmerTed1971

FarmerTed1971 Portland, Oregon, United States Well-Known Member

PMAG group buy. I got 12 for cheap!

3. jonn5335

jonn5335 Longview Active Member

Well actually now that I think about it I just saved 15% on my car insurance by switching to . . .

I lucked out and got good prices earlier this year on primers, some bulk powder, projectiles and I'm glad I invested in casting gear for my pistolas this year

4. hawmanai

hawmanai SW OR Member

When I saw who was running on both sides after Bush, I went and bought then.

The Insanity started 5 years ago.

5. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Arsenal SLR-101 and 3,000+ rounds and some extra evil "high cap"mags. ;-)

6. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

15+ BX-25 10/22 mags at $23 (Midway)

7. ripcity

ripcity Milwaukie Active Member

I stocked up on pmags when there were 10 bucks each at Nw armory. I picked a couple up every time I went in there. I too got a fiveseven for only 900 bucks. I'm glad I have it now.

8. tomgow29

tomgow29 Pierce County Member

I scored an LE program PS 90 for $849.00 and a 5.7 for $899.00. Now if I could just find enough ammo to really enjoy them, I would be a happy camper.

9. billcoe

billcoe PDX Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

Bought 3 20 round MD Arms drum magazines for a Saiga 12 I was going to get. Turned around and bought one of the (now uber rare, sweet and desirable) Vepr 12's that came in instead. So I have 3 "useless" MD Arms drums. The MD Arms Drums have always sold for more than the POS Pro mags. I see the Pro mag drums going for over $200 and rising. No MD Arms 20 round drums for sale at any price which I can see.

No one has a Vepr 12 for sale at any price that I can see so who can say what the value of that is.

Time to get politically proactive and write our congressmen and senators to push back on the upcoming horror story legislation. Contact info in the start of this link.

10. andreys21

andreys21 Milwaukie, OR Active Member

Traded a 1911 for an AR. NW Armory had a rack of ARs for $500-700.

11. ThemGunsThough

ThemGunsThough RIP City! Well-Known Member

Bought a brand new Scar 16 for $1800 now the prices are doubled...

12. omenwolf

omenwolf Oregon Active Member

Brand new sig 556 classic for a little over 1k and pmags for 9.50, should have bought 20-30 more. Hindsight is 20 20

13. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

I bought a brand new PS90 for $1400 two days after the shooting. It was hard to find and I am glad Lanbos Armory honored their online price. It was their last one in stock apparently. I have no ammo for it but it makes a good safe queen. :) Prior to the shooting, I bought a MKA 1919 from Cheaperthandirt because it was the cheapest price just after black friday. After seeing what they have been doing since it was probably my last purchase from them.

14. rds801

rds801 Portland Member

I have 19 mags. I feel lucky. 8 of those are still in wrappers (pmags). Guess I can sell those ;)

I started working on my AR's 3 years ago. Took me a long time. Finished my first around Christmas of 2011. And finished my second this Christmas.

Yes indeed, I feel lucky. 2 AR's, 19 mags with 20 more mags on back order with DSG Arms. Now if I can actually get those 20 mags before it's too late.

As far as ammo goes....I only have 600 rounds of .223/5.56. I need to find some bullets for reloading.

15. Greenbug

Greenbug Bend Well-Known Member

Anyone else think it is kinda odd that a bunch of government agencies were ordering up a crapload of ammo just prior to this latest panic buying spree? Maybe just a coincidence, or maybe something to think about the next time you hear about government agencies placing huge orders for ammo......

16. silversnl

silversnl Portland, Or Member

My girlfriend's dad knows the owners of a store in Tri-Cities, and managed to get a Colt M4 placed on hold for us. Bought it at retail ($1,150 plus sales tax). With the resales going the way they are, I'd say that this purchase, in the middle of the insanity, is a fairly good buy.

17. BGE541

BGE541 Washington New Member

Im guessing its not an M4 but an AR15?

18. silversnl

silversnl Portland, Or Member

OK, I'm an idiot. It is the Law Enforcement Carbine LE6920. I read the description wrong. It says it is based on the M4. Colt LE Carbine

IMG_7503_zps5ffc28f6.jpg
    PhotoDec29112205PM_zpscd16fc06.jpg

IMG_7503.jpg

19. just dan

just dan PDX Active Member

with the way prices are right now, i feel like every single buy i've made to have been great.

20. spectra

spectra The Couve Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

I picked up 2 Mega stripped billet upper/lower combos from Rainier arms just a few weeks before it hit the fan. One is .308 flavor and the other is going to be .300 Black when finished. I also managed to get BCGs for both also. I can not believe the prices now.