JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello everyone,

I'm considering re-loading my own ammunition soon and thought it would make things easier to purchase an ammunition catcher for my AR. I'm currently looking at one from 3 BUCC INC. - AR-15/M16 BRASS-SAVR BRASS CATCHER that I found at:

AR-15/M16 BRASS-SAVR BRASS CATCHER | Brownells

Any recommendations and or thoughts would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Well the "best" brass catcher that is FULLY universal is a tarp laid out next to where you shoot. Works for all calibers, all guns, and is cheep.

While those look like nice catchers they can ONLY be used on one type of AR.

I concur with Nwcid! For $70 plus shipping you'd have to catch a lot of brass or not lose the brass in order to get a ROI on that investment. We've had people show up to OFA to train with those units and conceptionally they look good but they end up being taken off and/or just don't work like they hoped. If you're just standing with your feet planted shooting static then they work "okay" but if you're doing any kind of tactical training including roll over prone, brokeback prone etc then they just don't work.

For just a day of plinking, I always thought this was a nice setup. They sell them, but personally I would just build one with a conduit bender and conduit.

[video=youtube_share;A1rfEZv_5Uo]http://youtu.be/A1rfEZv_5Uo[/video]

Caldwell makes a good one for AR's that is about $10-$12. It has a velcro strap that goes around your handguard in front of the receiver and a metal framework to keep the mouth open in front of the ejection port. It also has a zipper at the bottom of the bag for removing your empties. I have one and it works well, no problems with the cases hanging up while ejecting. Sometimes the brass (when it's hot) sticks to the plastic coated mesh of the catcher bag though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top