JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just installed the Roland Special Barrel on one of my G19s, I'm looking forward to blsting it. Up to this point they've all been OEM
whats the deal with the roland special, just the muzzle break i take it?
kinda funny i just noticed they semi ripped of his name but its obviously knacking off his product just spelled different. https://www.460rowland.com/
i thought there was a "w" in there..
i figured you were talking proverbially.

i kinda have one of these as well although NOT through KKM (i wish!) ive been interested in the .460 Rowland for a while. from what i hear its basically just a .45 only short chambered so a reg. .45 wont close on it. (or maybe it was long chambered since short wouldn't make any sense) but anyway, the point was a regular old 45 acp can be made to be that powerful IF you have the right brass for it and a strong enough comp. and RSA.
i may not be able to get up to rowland specs etc but we will see. Going to take it slow.
I got a 1000 hornady HAP bullets for it pretty much for free.
Just got the dies. (Finally)
The barrel eas dirt cheap but a $80 brake and to pay fir threading and nitriding options it did get up there kinda fast but ALL in its still south of $300.
The .40 soup barrel was $80 i prefer Dasan by far over lone wolf. Lol.

20210414_213415_HDR.jpg 20210414_213523_HDR.jpg

Last Edited:
What famous Glock bulge?! I have a G40 MOS, should I be worried?
shooting hot 10mm out of a looser factory chamber can. also depends on the brass. it can be removed with a lee carbide factory SEATING die and you just push the entire round stright through the die when the seating stem is removed.
tighter chambers particularly the ramp that is fully supported and not as deep. is less prone to bulging.

glock chambers are notoriously loose.

Last Edited:
The problem with owning a Glock is that you can end up with this and that and easily spend twice the cost of the gun in parts - no thanks. I left mine stock. Finally can shoot the G17 well, next, try to shoot the G40 well. If I have to add stuff to my gun to shoot better, then I list it for sale.
except sometimes they are built from the ground up. not saying thats the case here. just saying..
i would prefer to build them as the p80 frames i feel are ten times better. better in almost every way. no pig nose, more rails (an actual rail not that pos glock proprietary thing)
theres a reason why the glock parts maret exploded and it wasnt due to glock themselves. they snoozed BIG TIME!

kinda funny i just noticed they semi ripped of his name but its obviously knacking off his product just spelled different. https://www.460rowland.com/

i kinda have one of these as well although NOT through KKM (i wish!) ive been interested in the .460 Rowland for a while. from what i hear its basically just a .45 only short chambered so a reg. .45 wont close on it. (or maybe it was long chambered since short wouldn't make any sense) but anyway, the point was a regular old 45 acp can be made to be that powerful IF you have the right brass for it and a strong enough comp. and RSA.
illl upload pics for mine in a sec.

https://www.gunsandammo.com/editorial/the-roland-special-glock-19/248528

Language warning:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_Deschain

Last Edited:

i may not be able to get up to rowland specs etc but we will see. Going to take it slow.
I got a 1000 hornady HAP bullets for it pretty much for free.
Just got the dies. (Finally)
The barrel eas dirt cheap but a $80 brake and to pay fir threading and nitriding options it did get up there kinda fast but ALL in its still south of $300.
The .40 soup barrel was $80 i prefer Dasan by far over lone wolf. Lol.

View attachment 862474 View attachment 862475
And yes i realize its stupid long. I was going for that dirty hairy look in my glock, also potentially for hunting. And trying to get the most velocity. Also was thinking about getting one of them nifty glock stocks and getting into SBR. *Highly* doubt that will happen now.
But i was kinda thinking PCC :) a superior PCC if you ask me!

Although... It IS a PITA to holster lol. (Yeah that aint happening)

Waiting to put in my order for a KKM sounds like my buddy wants to go for a kind of g17 but "roland special" hybrid. I think the gen5 brake they have will fit his voodoo gen3 slide.
Looking into sending the slide in to have them fit it and check.

Anyway. I Was kinda curious though i came across a Ed Brown drop in or semi drop in barrel for kind of cheap. Its pre threaded like he wanted.

I was curious if anyone has any experience with Ed Brown barrels. Ive heard the name before but have ZERO experience or second hand knowledge of them.
Any good?
One thing im a little leary of is he mostly does 1911 stuff correct?
Never seen him in the Gucci glock game.

I was curious if anyone has any experience with Ed Brown barrels. Ive heard the name before but have ZERO experience or second hand knowledge of them.
Any good?
One thing im a little leary of is he mostly does 1911 stuff correct?
Never seen him in the Gucci glock game.

My Springfield 1911 Loaded now has all Ed Brown internals. Only thing original is the frame with beavertail safety, plunger tube, and ejector; slide with sights; barrel with barrel link, pin, and barrel bushing. I consider Ed Brown 1911 parts to be second to none for quality. No idea on the Glock stuff but I can't imagine him making anything but high quality items.

My Springfield 1911 Loaded now has all Ed Brown internals. Only thing original is the frame with beavertail safety, plunger tube, and ejector; slide with sights; barrel with barrel link, pin, and barrel bushing. I consider Ed Brown 1911 parts to be second to none for quality. No idea on the Glock stuff but I can't imagine him making anything but high quality items.
Thanks for info.
How is it accuracy wise?

It sure looks like one of the nicest glock barrels out there. Im not a fan of the typical heavy fluting and all that "bling" on glock stuff.
Its one of the most sexy glock barrels ive ever seen.
I wish i had the spare folding $ to snatch it up myself. Im kinda dying to know now.

Hi all, a less technically inclined buddy is looking for a barrel for his glock. Its for a 17 not that it matters.
Im not too wild about either of mine. I have a faxon chameleon PVD coated g34 and a lone wolf g40
The faxon rusted ever so slightly after a weekend camping trip. (Which surprised me quite a bit) but accuracy seems ok to decent/good. Maybe you can see the very small rust "dots" almost smack dab in the middle between brl nut and slide.

And the lone wolf was frankly garbage from the git go. Way off center crown etc. The threads look like they are chipping from nitride embritlement even though its 416r! Was just a hassle but seems to group ok as well at least with SOME of the hand loads.

Im thinking about going with a KKM barrel this time.
Thinking about maybe one for his 17 and one to replace my 10mm barrel.

Accuracy is obviously the biggest priority. Corrosion inhibition is the second.

Budget is under $300 all said and done.
What do you all think?

View attachment 860813
P.S. you can BARELY see the little rust spots on the barrel. But they are there if you zoom.

Also i ordered the KKM and Luke was a awesome guy to deal with. Cant wait to get it. Im not a patient guy. I also got him the roland style brake. He wanted threads anyway for possible can down the road.
Ill probably post some pics when done, since its not mine. Personally i don't like posting pics of my personal stuff. :)

Exactly.

What's wrong with the factory barrels (besides the chamber being unsupported for some)?

Are the aftermarket barrels really that much more accurate? Are people shooting in matches where a little bit of accuracy improvement counts?
1. Well its kinda hard to find a oem barrel. In my experience.
2. I got an AMAZING deal through KKM. so much so that i will probably only be buying thier barrels from now on.
3. The unsupported chamber is an issue for me as i like to load as hot as possible.
4. I do want to be able to shoot lead and not worry at all about it. (I realize this is up for debate and dont really care to speculate)
5. OEM barrels AREN'T threaded which is 100% deal breaker alone right there. As my buddy stipulated it needed to be.

So for all those reasons i get exactly what i was aiming for. And im sure we will be super happy. With it. Cant wait!

This is also my buddy's first ever build so hes kinda pulling all the stops out.

Yeah, threading and/or caliber conversion (9 <-> 40) is the main reason I have for wanting some barrels for my SIGs, but there are factory barrels and conversion kits for the "classic" SIGs, and a few aftermarket (EFK, Bar-Sto, etc.).

Yeah, threading and/or caliber conversion (9 <-> 40) is the main reason I have for wanting some barrels for my SIGs, but there are factory barrels and conversion kits for the "classic" SIGs, and a few aftermarket (EFK, Bar-Sto, etc.).
Are efk any good? I forgot about them. They had some weird process for rifling like some proprietary laser etching or something didn't they? Or was that someone else?

My glock 21 is literally the ONLY factory threaded glock ive ever seen. But its some euro reverse thread pattern. Its pretty much useless here in the states. No one makes a pattern for it except i think gemtech. Maybe.

Hi all, a less technically inclined buddy is looking for a barrel for his glock. Its for a 17 not that it matters.
Im not too wild about either of mine. I have a faxon chameleon PVD coated g34 and a lone wolf g40
The faxon rusted ever so slightly after a weekend camping trip. (Which surprised me quite a bit) but accuracy seems ok to decent/good. Maybe you can see the very small rust "dots" almost smack dab in the middle between brl nut and slide.

And the lone wolf was frankly garbage from the git go. Way off center crown etc. The threads look like they are chipping from nitride embritlement even though its 416r! Was just a hassle but seems to group ok as well at least with SOME of the hand loads.

Im thinking about going with a KKM barrel this time.
Thinking about maybe one for his 17 and one to replace my 10mm barrel.

Accuracy is obviously the biggest priority. Corrosion inhibition is the second.

Budget is under $300 all said and done.
What do you all think?

View attachment 860813
I don't know how much more accuracy most people could expect from a 4in handgun barrel, I guess you could upgrade for bling...

Are efk any good? I forgot about them. They had some weird process for rifling like some proprietary laser etching or something didn't they? Or was that someone else?
I don't know about the rifling, but the two that I have seem to work ok, but I did not try them a lot - one is .357 SIG and the other is 5.7x28 (threaded for a Five Seven pistol).

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top